03 | triangulam

03 | triangulum

03 | triangulum

an spiral galaxy in the constellation triangulam.

LUCIE WAS WELL aware of the fact that Josh had told her full twenty minutes ago that he had no idea where he landed her. She was also well aware of the fact that he right now was extensively freaking out—just because he thought that she was freaking out.

She wasn't though. At least, she wanted to assume that she wasn't. Maybe that's why she consistently kept reminding herself that they had a mean of transport now. They could drive out of this problem. Time was getting better.

When she came to think about it, she didn't freak out that easily. She was courageous—yes, she was very courageous. Like when the time she instantly agreed to sit on that hazardous, tall roller coaster ride. It had to take a fair amount of indomitability to sit on that hurdling ride—and she did that without any hesitation. And like when every night, when the house was aphotic and dead silent—she walked right to the kitchen without any faltering to drink some water.

She would agree that she bashed him up a couple of times tonight but, it was his fault for not driving carefully—even though she was the main distraction. He was driving the car, and as far as she knows, while taking that driving test, they check how much the driver concentrates and stuff. Josh should have concentrated—and not just fiddle with the car and land it upon an unknown spot.

"We're not lost." She heard him speak in a hushed voice, which may be little but disrupted her from her thoughts. "We just took two or more wrong turns and right now, we are not aware which way to go ahead."

"Josh, that does mean that we're lost."

"No it doesn't!"

"Okay," she assumed. "Then what does lost mean?"

"I—I don't know," he complained. "I'm no dictionary!"

Lucie considered saying something amongst the lines of you're hopeless! for a minute, but then—when the minute was done, she thought that it was something pointless.

No matter how many times she repeated it in her own mind, this night was a disaster. It really was—from the starting of it with that ghastly dinner and this misfortunate car journey. She was still starving, and her hands were all sore from that car pushing process. From tip to toe, everything felt simply horrible.

"Would you at least start the car and take us somewhere before it decides to stop working again?"

"Stop getting so whiny," he grumbled. "This is not much of a treat for me too—you're acting like scared little a four year old."