Warm weather but just as cold

The weather became warmer as a week passed. Bellona's mother was up on her feet again, and so Bellona was overjoyed! She still kept to her usual chores, but they lessened through the days. Now, she only dusts and fix crooked...well...just about anything out of place. Bellona was around Donovan more, they would smile at each other in the halls, and when she occupied the same room, they would talk. One of the occurring concepts was always about why Donovan is so serious. He just said it was apart of his nature, but she wanted a different answer. Today, though, was a good day especially because Donovan had told her that she was to have off tomorrow to collect what she had earned and send it directly to whomever she owed it too. She signed papers and wrote letters until her hands cramped, then tomorrow it was to be sent.

Bellona entered the dining room with something for the king to try. It was breakfast and she wanted to introduce a certain concoction to the parochial king. She placed it in front of him.
"Drink."
He obliged, clearly distracted. His pupils shrunk and he looked slapped awake.

"What is this?!" Donovan gasped.

"Its coffee. I had it imported for you to try." Bellona giggled.

"Its strong enough I dont think it needs a cup." Donovan smelled the black contents. Bellona rolled her eyes at Donovans comment.

"You can add sugar and cream if you think its too much."

"I'll just take the safe route and never touch it again."

"Whatever you say." Bellona shrugged and took the cup.

"Donovan you have an angry visite-" Edith stopped at the doorway. Bellona looked at her wide-eyed with the cup just to her lips and Donovan stared with his hand still on the handle.

"I'll see to it shortly after my meal." Donovan moved his hand down to his fork to pick it up and eat.

"You mean after Bellona's meal?" Bellona hadn't moved, "You may as well eat everything else my dear. My son wont be able to eat after what I just told him." Edith smiled and left.

"Huh..." Bellona brought herself to look at Donovan. He poked his food, then he put his fork down.

"She's right. Could Prince Jafan be back?"

"I hope not." Bellona set the cup down.

"I'll handle it right away." He stood, making Bellona realize the height difference. He was way taller.
When he rose, it was almost like seeing a bear rise from a lake on its hind paws, showing off the height and strength. Bellona was a forrest squirrel.
Donovan slid his plate to Bellona and strode out before a woman could reject.

Donovan opened the doors to the throne room with one arm. It was quiet as he walked in. He heard squeak of a shoe and turned quickly to see a hooded figure waving a sword at him. Not having any weapons on him, Donovan dodged as well as he could.

They circled the room, the figure swinging the sword like a madman, and Donovan doing a series of ducking and leaning and jumping. As the figure raised its sword, Donovan thrust into the body and pushed until they landed on the ground. Quickly, Donovan ripped the sword out of the persons hand and stood up, puting a boot on their stomach. With the tip of the sword, he slid the hood of the struggling person.

"I figured. Your swordsmanship is almost as poor as you are." Donovan backed away.

"I'll be seeing you in the hall tomorrow. You will be punished for this." He added, and left, telling the guards what happened.

"Donovan!" Bellona ran up to him as she saw him heading back to the dining room.

"It's all handled. Tell your friend what you want before he goes to court tomorrow." Donovan stepped back. His eyes were cold again. Back to square one. Bellona internally rolled her eyes.

"What friend?" She asked.