Lies Part Three

Sam was visibly fuming, seeing his ex-girl and brother locking lips. You were terrified, what would Sam do to you? To Dean?

"Sam, she isn't with you anymore. You screwed that up." Dean said, and Sam's eyes moved from you to him, allowing you to breathe again.

"So how long have you two been together? Was it going on when she was with me?" Sam spat.

"No, Sam. We both know y/n's too good a person to cheat. No matter how awful the person she's with is to her." Dean replied. You nodded.

"So this is it, huh? My ex-girlfriend and brother ride off into the sunset together and I stay alone?" Sam asked. You chewed on your lip, hating how seeing him automatically made you go back to your shy, submissive self. 

"Sam, you know that's bull crap. Just stop this." Dean said, and you slowly intertwined your fingers with his, more for your comfort than his. 

"And what do you have to say about this y/n?" Sam asked, looking back at you. It hurt. Seeing the happy man you once loved turned into a man full of hate.

"I- I don't-" You stopped. You had no idea what you should say. This whole situation was messed up, and all three of you knew that. Sam let out angry chuckle.

"Exactly. You're just a weak little girl latching onto any man you can. That's what you did to me, and now you're doing it with Dean." He said, his face twisting into a sneer.
"You shut your mouth." Dean said to Sam, squeezing your hand a little too hard. You wrenched your hand out of Dean's, turning and running from both of them. You had to get away from Sam.

"Y/n!" Dean called after you, but you kept running. You slipped on a puddle, almost falling face first on the concrete, but you caught yourself and continued running. The rain came down in sheets, making it hard to see anything.

You felt a hand grab your elbow and screamed, thinking it was Sam. But green eyes stared down at you.

"Y/n, it's okay. It's me. It's okay." He said, pulling him into your arms. You sobbed into his jacket, clutching onto his sleeves. Seeing Sam brought back so many memories, memories you didn't want.

Suddenly you were wrenched out of Dean's arms, and you knew exactly who it was. You had been grabbed by those hands many times. Sam looked down at you, and he was definitely angry. 

"Tell me y/n, did you ever really love me or were you always pining for Dean?" Sam spat, and your whole body shook. You knew you shouldn't be this scared, especially because you were a hunter. 

"Of course I loved you Sam, I just-" You could feel Dean's eyes on you, and it was a mix between comfort and making it worse, "I couldn't love you anymore. You changed. You were abusive Sam. It may not have been physical abuse, but it was verbal. You treated me like crap. And I think my feelings just started to fade. But I didn't fall for Dean until I was gone." You explained, trying your best to keep eye contact with Sam. 

Sam's face hardened a bit, before it shattered like a mask and guilt washed over it. It was like he was finally realizing all he had done to you. 

"Y/n I am so sorry, I- I can't even begin to express how much I hate myself for what I did. I don't know what got into me." He paused, as it he was trying to find the right words, "I promise that I do not hold anything against you. You were right to get away. And Dean? I hope you treat her right. I am truly sorry, to both of you." Sam looked so sad and worthless, you couldn't help but hug him. He hugged back, resting his chin on your head. 

"Come back with us. Come live in the bunker again. Be with Dean, be happy. And maybe you and I can learn to be friends." Sam said when you pulled away. You looked to Dean questioningly, and he nodded in agreement. 

"Okay, I will. And Sam? I'd love to be friends." You said, and Sam smiled and nodded. The three of you headed back to the hotel room to get your stuff, your hand intertwined with Dean's and Sam walking next to you. Things had taken a twist, but you had to admit you were glad it happened the way it did.