Chapter 6

Back in Cade's POV

It took a few days to get to the warrior pack since I was driving. I mean come on I wasn't going to leave my new baby behind. During the drive the further I got away from Diana the better I and my wolf started to feel. Maybe I'm fooling myself but I think this was the best decision for us.

I'm nervous about going to the warrior pack to be honest. I've only seen two warriors in person. They had some business to discuss with Alpha Carter it was a quick glimpse. They were both huge think Chris Helmsworth in Thor and The Rock in those Fast Furious movies. Muscles on top on muscles. Now I'm going to a pack where they are all big like that. But then they have to be. They are responsible for helping packs when they are having problems with rogues or hunters. They tend to stay out of fights if it's between two packs letting them figure or fight it out themselves.

I pull up to the gates of the pack and I'm met by three giants well not really giants but they are all at least 6'5. One had blond hair green eyes, one has jet black hair blue eyes and the last is bald with brown eyes. Pretty damn intimidating. "What business do you have here?" The bald one asks. "I-I'm  the n-new omega c-coming from the Glenwood pack s-sir," I don't remember the last time I shuddered. I show my neck so they know I don't want any problems.

"Dammit, Chris what did we say about scaring the new omega," the one with blond hair says punching bald guy aka Chris in the arm. "Sorry kid he didn't mean any harm we've been waiting for you. I'm Todd, the bald one is Chris, and this guy is Mark" he said pointing to the black haired man.

I take a deep breath to try and relax it helps a little bit but not enough. "Unlock the doors I'll ride up with you," Todd says. "Aren't you guys going to search my car?" I ask thinking about what my pack doesn't when a stranger comes. They all laugh loudly and I feel as if I'm missing some part of the joke. As Todd walks around to get into the passenger seat, Mark answers my question "You don't look dumb enough to try anything, plus your car was already scanned for bombs and anything before you got the gate".

I look around to see if I spot anything that could have scanned the car. "You won't find it so no point in looking for it," Todd says chuckling. Oh well, I think to myself. "You can put the seat back some if it's too cramped for you," I tell Todd. He smirks back at me "It is all the way back". He laughs at my face because his knees are up to his chest.

"Oh, do you want to drive it might be more comfortable for you?" I suggest instead. "Are you sure, this looks pretty new it's no more than a 15-minute ride to the pack house?" Todd questions. Shrugging I get out to let him drive. "Thanks, I appreciate you letting me drive," Todd says.

I glance over to him as he's driving and see I made the right choice with letting him drive. He has a little bit more space. "I really like this car when did you get it?" He asks. "My parents bought it for me for my 17th birthday," I tell him.  "Nice, all I got was a card telling me to get out on my 17th," he says with a straight face. I look at him horrified at what he tells me. "It was for the best I wasn't one for listening or doing the right things," he says laughing. "I ended up here and now look at me".

I guess it worked out for him. We stop in front of the pack house and I'm shocked it's not what I pictured at all. "Bet you were expecting some grand house with marble and other fancy shit huh?" Todd says while chuckling. I nod not wanting to offend him. "I thought that too when I first saw the place," he continues. Following Todd inside once again, I'm shocked my what I see. The outside looks like an old log cabin. Nice but more on the average side. The inside is totally different, it is what I expected the outside to look like. Hardwood floors, big open spaces. Upgraded modern kitchen, if I didn't know any better I'd say this place had been remodeled within the last two years.  

"I know, when the first group of warriors joined together they built this cabin. It was only 10 of them so they didn't need to make it big or fancy seeing as it was over 200 years ago. As the years passed and the pack got bigger the only thing we did was add more space onto what was already there. Then about three years ago we decided to a major overhaul. Kept the front the same but changed everything about the inside," Todd tells me while showing me around. 

"Now there are 150 warriors, you"ll be in charge of meals and cleaning," Todd tells me. I stop moving and look at him. "We aren't all here at the same time, at the most, there are about 30 people here. There is always something going on with other packs around the world so we leave to help them out," he adds as he sees my face. I breathe a sigh of relief at not having to cook so much. "Also three of us will assist you at every meal and with the cleaning. You will be valued while you're here," Todd finishes. 

"Who is this?" a group of shirtless men walks up to us. Once again I'm shocked my how tall and how many muscles they have. "This is our new Omega Cade," Todd tells them. "Nice to meet you, I'm Michael. Starting from my left is Michael, Braydon, Dennis, and that is Heather coming out of the gym now, Michael says. I didn't know there were female warriors but then I never really thought about it either. "Nice to meet all of you and I look forward to getting to know you all," I tell them honestly.

I follow Todd to what he says is my room. It is a little bigger than my own room at home. Beige walls and a king size bed in the middle of the room with a 35-inch tv hung on the wall. "Here's where I leave you, make yourself at home. Dinner is at 7 and since it's your first day you won't have to cook," Todd tells me leaving me alone.

I sit on what is now my bed. I see that my things have been brought into my room that must have happened when Todd was showing me around the house. I put my clothes away in the dresser and closet. I have a bathroom connected to my room which I am happy about. "I hope we made the right choice coming here," I say to my wolf. "We will this is what is best for us," he responds making me feel a little bit better. This is the first time I've been away from my parents and I can't help but be a little home sick. Thinking about my parents I need to call my mom before she loses her mind with worry.

Digging my phone out of my pocket I call her. She answers instantly. "Hey, baby how are you? Are they being nice to you? Do you like it there? You can come home if you don't like it?" I laugh at her rapid-fire questions. "Mom relax, I just got here, everyone I have met has been really nice so far," I tell her. "Alright, I'm just so worried about you, you're so far away from me," she says sniffling. "Give me the phone dear," I hear my dad say in the background. "Hey, buddy, you know how your mother is she can't help but be overprotective with you," Dad says. "Yeah I know, I am sorry for having to leave to you know," I say feeling bad about making my mom cry. "It's not your fault, she knows that. It will take her a little time to get use to this but she will. Plus we can come and visit you," he says making me feel better. I look at the time and see it's close to 7. 

"I have to go, dad, tell mom I love her and I'll call back in a couple of days. Love you too dad," I say to him.  "Bye son love and take care of yourself," he responds. I get off the phone and go to in the direction of the dining room. Turing the corner I hear the sounds of laughter and random conversations. The large table is filled with men and women and covered with food. "Come grab a seat before the food is all gone," Michael says loudly causing everyone to stop talking and look at me. I grab the closest empty seat which so happens to be next to Chris. He gives me a nod of hello and I do the same back. I'm introduced to everyone else I haven't met yet. Dinner is fun you would think that with all of these big strong people that there would be nothing but fighting about who is in charge but no, they're like a bunch of teenagers. Making fun of each other and having a good time.