sympathetic

Dazai sure was a man that looked more than good.

He had the kind of face that stopped some women in her tracks. He probably must get used to that, the sudden pause in a person's natural expression when they looked his way followed by overcompensating with a nonchalant gaze and a weak smile. Of course the blush that accompanied it was a dead give-away. It didn't help that he was so modest with it, it made the girls fall for him all the more. Despite all the opportunity that came his way and his flirtatious behaviour, he was a one-woman-man who prized genuineness and thoughtful conversation above lipstick and high-heels.
He was handsome alright, but inside he was beautiful.

(Y/n) was the first woman that had permission to see everything of Dazai.
His scars and his valuable side that he revealed to no one else but her. All the bad habits that he had, she knew them better than anyone else.
And it was the same in the other way around. They were each other's first kiss, first date and first time. They stuck together like glue.

"Are you sure that you can go back to work?", (Y/n) asked as she watched how her boyfriend tied an extra layer of bandages around his stomach. When he was done, he let out a soft sigh.

"Not one hundred percent, but I can't lay in bed forever.". Dazai walked past her and the girl took that chance to put a small bottle in his pocket. He looked questionable at her.

"Painkillers"

"Ah, right. Thank you, princess~". With a hum he pecked her lips and made his way to the door, putting his long, brown coat over his shoulders.

"So I'll come back in the evening. I'm on a mission with my partner again so if I need too long than don't wait for me and just go to bed. Alright?". His girlfriend noded and gave him one last kiss on his cheek before allowing him to leave the house. With a chuckle he left their apartment and closed the door behind him.

A few minuites after Dazai left,
(Y/n) got ready to work as well. Because Mori didn't assign her to any missions, she just had to finish some reports. She was being pretty productive, until she suddenly received a call from an anonymous number.

"Hello?", she spoke into the phone, typing her report at the same time.

"Yes, hello. Am I talking to...uh... (Y/n) (L/n)?". The girl hesitated a bit before answering. She didn't know who she was talking to, but it sure was a female.

"Yes. And who am I talking to?"

"I'm no one special. You are the subordinate of the executive Dazai Osamu, right?"

No answer.

"That's a yes. That means you have his phone number, right? He won't give it to anyone and I'm kindly asking you to give it to me."

"Excuse me?"
(Y/n) couldn't believe in what situation she was in right than.
How could this girl believe that she could just call someone randomly and ask them to give her the number of an executive?

"I definitely won't do that.", she said coldly and was about to hang up on the call, but the girl on the other line was quick to answer.

"We'll get into huge problems if you won't do as I say. I just want to have a chat with him, that's all"

"Than have a chat with him in person!", (Y/n) retorted, obviously annoyed.

"He ignores me. He doesn't want to talk to me. He told me that I'm not worth his while. According to some other mafia members, you are the only girl that has close contact to him". The (h/c) hair coloured girl bit her lip and thought for a moment and calmed down her nerves. Why was she getting so upset over something silly like that?

"I apologize, but I am not going to help you with this. I'm hanging up now.". With that being said she ended the call and placed her phone next to her laptop. A few moments later, she resumed with the reports and tried to forget what had happened. It was useless to get angry or jealous over something like that.

A few hours passed. The thought still lingered in her mind. Girls trying to talk to Dazai, maybe even stalking him. Were they unaware of the fact that he had a girlfriend? A significant other?

Her gaze wandered to the small clock that was on her computer desktop. It was almost midnight...
Remembering what Dazai said to her she turned the computer off and got ready to go to bed. When that was done (Y/n) laid down on her bed, checking the time once again before settling down and going to sleep with a million thoughts rushing through her head.

When Dazai came home from his mission, he already assumed that his girlfriend was asleep.

"I'm back", he called out into the darkness of the apartment. Taking off his brown coat he tip-toed into the bedroom, looking at (Y/n). A smile played out on his lips and his cheeks gained a red-ish hue while he adored her. Dazai kneeled down to her bedside and carefully kissed her nose, chuckling as it scrunched up. His bandaged hand put a strand of her soft, (h/c)-coloured hair behind her ear before it settled on her cheek, caressing it with his thumb.

"How lucky I am...", he mumbled to himself, the genuine smile not leaving his lips.

"You are so beautiful...". He couldn't stop himself from giving her another kiss, on top of her forehead that time. (Y/n) shifted a bit and suddenly, her (e/c) orbs opened, clouded with sleepiness.

"Oh...did I wake my princess up?", Dazai whispered with a chuckle, still caressing her cheek. His girlfriend smiled softly and noded.

"Sorry...I couldn't stop myself. I'll join you right away, alright?". With another nod from (Y/n) he stood up and went to their shared bathroom, changing his clothes and getting ready for bed as well. As soon as that was done he laid down beside his girl and wrapped his arms around her, with her head resting against his bandaged chest.

"You know...something strange happened on today's mission", Dazai started to speak again while he let his hands travel through her hair.

"Me and Chuuya had to take down another organisation. When that was done we checked if there were any survivors. We split up and checked the whole area. In the end I found a man and a woman and the man ran up to me and told me that I could do anything with him as long as I keep the woman alive."

The ability-user made a long pause. (Y/n) opened her eyes again and looked up at Dazai.

His grip tightened around her.

"Can you...believe that I wasn't able to kill him?"