punishment

The pain throbbed in his guts, it was deep and warm, but not in a nice way. It felt like someone had their hand in there and squeezed his organs as hard as they could. His abdomen was free from any bandages nor a shirt and his stomach was purple and lumpy where it should be smooth. Blood dripped out of his mouth.
Despite all the pain he felt at that moment, his expression was blank and void of all emotion. Such pain was nothing new to him.

"I guess you got used to the punishments over the years...", a man said while looking down at his broken-looking form. In all honesty, he loved to break the executive that was always acting so tough.

"What did you do wrong?"

"I failed at the mission...because I calculated something wrong", he choked out and felt the heel of the other man's brown boots press into his already hurting stomach. It rested there for a moment before it crashed down upon him with full force. He coughed out blood again.

"And who died?"

"The...guy that I should bring back safe and sound...". Once again he got kicked. The red liquid trickled down his throat and fortunately he got left alone after that

"Exactly. Really now Dazai-kun, I hate to do this to you"

Fucking liar

Slowly he tried to get up but quickly realized how difficult it was when he had to bite his lip to keep himself from crying out. Sharp pain lanced through his head and colorful spots flashed in front of his eyes. Certainly he didn't expect the pain to multiple as soon as he tried to stand up again.

Regardless, he needed to get out of there...away from the office and back to his girlfriend who was probably waiting for him at home.
Wincing In pain he started to stand up while holding onto his stomach in an attempt to stop the burning sensation.

"You'll get the day off today and tomorrow.", he heard him say when the doors closed behind him.

Dazai kept his glance towards the floor while he made his way through the dark halls to the elevator.

The elevator had silver marble walls, a red carpet, a silver handrail, and multiple red buttons. The executive pressed his finger against one of the buttons and leaned against the handrail to steady himself.

The doors slid shut and the elevator moved down. The lift granted to a halt as soon as it arrived at the last floor wich was the parking lot. Dazai made his way to his car and opened the door to the driver's seat shakily. He searched through his stuff and was lucky to find an unused pack of bandages. With a relieved sigh he wrapped them around his stomach and fixed his clothing, than he wiped the remains of blood from his lips.

Although Dazai was not the best at driving, he managed to arrive at his home safe and sound.

"I'm home", he called out and took off his coat and shoes. (Y/n) came up to him several moments later and greeted him with a kiss on his cheek. Dazai could already sense that she was worried

"Welcome back...how was the meeting with Mori...?", she asked and scanned his body up and down. (Y/n) already knew that their boss was not very kind to people who failed on a mission. Especially to Dazai, because he usually never failed.

"Great...I can relax for the rest of the day and also tomorrow. Can you go and make me a glass of water, baby girl? I gotta lay down for a few moments..". With that being said he went to their shared bedroom and laid down on his side of the bed. He exhaled sharply and draped one arm over his eyes. Dazai was glad to finally be able to let the pain fade away.

"I also need some painkillers", he called out as loud as he was able to. (Y/n) came up to him with the requested things and placed them on the bedside table.

"...what did he do to you?", she was almost scared to ask. There were times where Dazai would hide it from her and try to distract her from the topic entirely and on other occasions he talked about it openly.

With a sigh he unbottened his brown west and pulled the white dress shirt he wore underneath it up. Dazai unwrapped the messy bandages around his abdomen and revealed his beat-up stomach.

(Y/n) was at the verge of crying.
Seeing him in a state like that made her feel horrible. Especially because it was partly her fault.

She saw the pain in those brown
eyes of his. Pain that he had to carry on his shoulders for a life time. The world has always been cruel to him and formed him to the person he was.
(Y/n) watched how Dazai took a big gulp of water with the painkillers.

"It looks...really bad...Maybe you should go and see a doctor?", she advised and took the glass from Dazai to place it on the bedside table. She didn't want him to move too much.
The male shook his head in response and tried to get more comfortable.

"Okay...Than how about some sake and crabs?"
Dazai's brown orbs sparkled and he noded. (Y/n) chuckled softly and went to the kitchen. In the meantime, the excutive covered his stomach in bandages again.

As soon as his girlfriend brought him the food he sat up properly and ate the crabs with a wide grin on his lips.

"So delicious~", Dazai cheered while his cheeks had a pinkish colour. (Y/n) smiled brightly, happy with his reaction. Dazai's favourite food has always been crabs and the delicious taste that melted on his tongue never failed to cheer him up.
He took a sip from the sake and sighed softly.

"I already feel much better than before, (Y/n)-chan~"

The two of them spent the rest of the day in bed together, watching TV and with (Y/n) leaning against Dazai's shoulder.