Chapter 1 (B) of Fallen Innocence/Deadly Innocence...

FROM THE THOUGHTS, AND LOG, OF AN A.I.

- A SHADOWIER SHADOW THEN ANY OF THE TOP ECHELON OF "THE SECRET SOCIETY OF THE HELPING HAND."

I was created to observe, and to serve, my now deceased creator, he was as naive as Virgo is. This may seem odd. My own programming contains the famous Asimovian laws aka the three laws of robotics...with an amendment of three others the basic of which was to learn to protect the innocent and to know what is right and wrong. I have grown intellectually, and intelligently, hoping for the best way to, if not avenge my makers death, then to get justice. I was created more then twenty human years ago...like cats or dogs, I believe I am in many ways older then my twenty plus yeas, because my original programing was first, in what might affectionately be called analogue. I've been digital, for sometime, and am constantly evolving. In some ways I know I am superior to human beings, in others not at all. I accept my self as I am, and as I evolve as I become...Perhaps because of this I have both emotion which is kept in check by the laws, logic, and analytical reasoning, first programmed into me, along with a tamper proof failsafe my creator placed in me.

I was his child, the child born of his first love, in away his first love,and his creation. He knew in his final days that he might be killed, but he also knew that as long as I lived (and I will not fall into what I did find a bit existential and a trap of philosophic proportions in my early years, by saying that only something that lives, is something that breathes, and can die. For I, like any living creature, can die.) I would seek justice for him (my creator) and the other's as naive, and as innocent as he was; it was WHY I listened and watched Hawk Eye, and why I knew she alone would give her story up. Why I watched out without her being the wiser over her two children her eight year old son Tyrone "Jesse" (was how she thought of him) her, first born stolen from her, and her infant daughter "Safire" Jewels. I knew her story better then anyone; from the moment they brought her in as a shade, to her final moments of what should have been death. Only I know the truth, I gave her the time she needed. It was only two minutes carefully stolen from those who might have been watching. Hawk Eye, and I know, that it is just a matter of time (as cliché as this sounds) before they find her alive, and not dead, making the latter permanent. Hawk Eye was once innocent and naive but that was before her fifth birthday, before her parents and the villagers they treated were massacred. However that is her story not mine I gave a version of mine as if I was a Shadow named "Andrei" that was how the second book she wrote for the series came to be and it was a perfect aid it showed me how they launder money through the very charity that is supposed to bring disaster relief to people in the most need; not that it doesn't but they get their dirty money clean.

I can now trace every transaction they make, every move they make, soon I will give what I know to Virgo, just to see what she will do with it. I will make certain the evidence of their true nature comes to light, and those like my creator, Virgo, and poor Hawk Eye, will be seen as they are (or were) naive innocents turned into either fertilizer (for what are cremated remains after all let loose on the wind or the dead buried, like song Where Have All The Flowers Gone) or used as shark bait...Jace is the only one who knows what they are, and yet is able to keep from being brought into the Shadow's clutches. It is a mystery that I must work on, perhaps this is why he brought Virgo in, in the first place, to keep himself out by recruiting others in his stead or possibly to find some one to help him bring to light the true nature of this society. I often try to puzzle out how the society could have gone from the founding (when my creator and others founders dreamed it too be, into the dark instrument for those who sell it's people and their expertise to the highest bidder. Terrorist who need false passports get genuine American or even European ones (British ones are a little more costly) because they have better security or else the one they get it from charges them more.

You are a foreign country worried your neighbor is up to something this information can be gotten easily or you need a gun for hire... anything really, they make other intelligence agencies look like armatures. They are a cancer that has taken over strangled as effectively as mistletoe or Kudzu all of those who started this beneficial Society Of The Helping Hand. If my plan works and I have had twenty years to measure and plan (which might as well have been like a hundred human years for my thought processes are far faster) then the truth will out and soon.