Captured In Your Arms

Everything's black.

Brown. Brown eyes starring at me.

-She's awake guys! Marvel!

No. Not Marvel. And who's that guy? District 3? I think his name is Noah or something like this.

I wanted to jump on him and stab h with the knife next to him but because of the pain, I can't move.

-Clove! Happy to see your beautiful eyes again.

I can't help but blush. Stop! This boy will kill you as soon as Cato will be back!

-We should have a little talk. And with Cato. Shouldn't we? he says with a creepy too sweet voice.

-No. I need to rest.

-That's fine. We'll come to you.

-Ha...no. I think...I'm fine. I don't want to have a small chat.

-Did you hear our conversation last night?

Oops. Yes.

-No, I reply, what conversation? Was t personal?

-Don't lie Clover. I can see how your eyes shine when Cato talks to you. You'd give everything just for an hour of conversation with him.

-Ew no!

-I said, don't lie. Cato, you and I will have a talk if you want it or not.

Without asking, his lips are now on mines. I've never kissed someone before but it feels great even if this boy is devil. Feeling the danger, I try to reach the knife next to me, but Marvel is too passionated.

He tried to do a nasty move, but Cato was here first and instead of killing me, he injures Marvel. I breathe, I take the knife and with all my strength, I throw it on Marvel's foot. He yells of pain.

-Cato! I thought you were my best friend! Why?

He doesn't reply and helps me to stand up.

-This girl is 15. And you're 17. This girl is from district 2 while you're from district 1. This girl is a fighter while you are a looser! You cannot hurt her! She's in our alliance! She's useful!

-And so why did you injure me?!

-You need to stop.

I look around me. I'm still at the Cornucopia.

-By the way, Clove, this boy is Noah. He's setting the bombs up to protect our supplies, tells Cato pointing the little boy from 3.

-Okay.

Smoke.

-Let's go! shouts Marvel.

-Can I go? asks Noah.

-No, answers Cato, you're protecting the supplies.

-I can protect them, I say.

I don't want to protect them. But, I'm afraid of being close to Marvel.

-No Clove. I don't want you to get injured or something. You're useful.

Aw. That's so sweet.

-It's okay. I don't want to be close to Marvel you know. It's the first time someone actually liked me and it feels great. But, it was a bit awkward what he did. I felt like he was about to eat me starting by the lips.

Noah laughs but Cato gives him a death glare.

-He's there. He's in front.

Spending time with Cato without Marvel? Sounds great! I just need to be careful. He could kill me.

-Give me three knives and I'll follow you.

-Here you go.

Together, we run in the forest.

-Are you sad Glimmer died? I ask.

-Not really.

-Liar! I tease. You're just relieved you won't be killing her in the arena.

-No! I'm serious Clove. I don't like Glimmer. I'm with her only because of the sponsors.

Before I could get more information, we hear bombs.

-Oh no...

We run toward the Cornucopia. There, we see Noah confused.

-What the hell? yells Cato.

-Calm down...the supplies just...blew away, I try to comfort him.

Before anyone could react, Noah's was already in a weird position.

-I'll go first. Take anything good and then meet me in the forest, I suggest.

He nods and I begin to run in the forest, looking for any stupid tributes. Suddenly, we hear a cannon. I hope it's Katniss. Or Peeta. Or Rue. Rue. I hope it was her. I don't want to be the one killing her. Marvel. I'm sure it's him who did the kill. Foxface. Where's she? Boy from 10. I don't even know his name. I hope it's him too. Another cannon goes off. No. Not Cato! Not him! Anyone but him! Not. Him. The rain starts pouring. Just like the day my parents died. The people who really cared about me. The people I really loved. Don't tell me I'll find Cato dead in the pouring rain.

Chasing this idea out of my head, I run to the Cornucopia. Suddenly, I trip on someone. Boy from 10.

When he sees me, baton in his hand, he tries to stab me. Even thought I'm a bit better, I can't move. He's on me. He takes one of my knives and was about to kill me when I saw a spear. In his stomach. Behind him, I see Cato. He isn't dead.

-Cato! I thought you were dead!

-Same. I was worried and I looked for both of you, Marvel and you. Then, I saw the boy from 10 about to kill you so I killed him.

-Lifesaver.

-I know really huh?

We laugh and return to the Cornucopia. It's still raining.

-Let's sleep inside of the Cornucopia. We'll wait for Marvel.

It's the night. I'm woken up by the Fallen. Marvel is the first to appear. Then, it's Noah. The boy from 10. And Rue. That's it.

-Katniss is still alive, I grumble.

-Yeah. Are you cold? You're shivering!

He takes his jacket off and gives it to me.

-You stupid jerk! Keep it! You'll catch cold!

-I'm actually hot.

-Ew no.

-I meant...warm you know.

I blushed.

-If you don't want it, let me give you a hug.

I let him. I feel protected.