Chapter 39

-- Smut ahead -- 

GRACE

January passed by so quickly. Marcel took me out on a freezing picnic. There was still no snow, the one I wished I would see at Christmas. Yet, it was frosty as hell. Even though I was far too lightly dressed, I some how managed to keep myself warm in his embrace. Still, we both caught a terrible cold after. I don’t know if I caught it first, or if he did, but we both caught something during the sex we had after. But I don’t regret it. That time was the best one. Marcel is really breaking out of his shell and I’m so happy for him. He is not at gentle and hesitant with his trust and movements anymore, and his kisses are so raw and sensual. What I find crazy is the fact that when we exit the bedroom, he is the shyest person ever again.

That was last month, and today is the February 1st, which happens to be Marcel’s birthday. I still have no idea what I’m getting him. He is very persistent that he doesn’t want anything, but I love birthdays and I’m definitely getting him something.

I roam the endless racks of clothing, before I move to the shoes. It’s all to dull. I want to give him something special, something he will remember. Nothing of this catches my eye the slightest.

“Hello, love. Can I help you?” A young female employee pats me on the back, making me turn around. She is very pretty and I assume she’s in a relationship or has some kind of connection with a partner. She might be able to help me.

“Yes”, I say while sighing. “It’s my boyfriends’ birthday and I have no idea what to get him, do you have any ideas?”

A prominent smirk appears on her face.

“Darling, if you want to give him something he’ll remember, you are in the wrong shop,” she says.

“Then where should I go?”

“You should buy lingerie. That will make him a very happy guy,” she says and point my over to the Victoria’s secret across the shop.

Lingerie, that’s actually an amazing idea. I thank the girl and walk over to Victoria’s Secret. There are infinite bras and panties hanging on the walls and laying on counters. Some are more innocent than others, but yet so sexy. I have no idea where to start. I have no idea what I want, or what he wants, for that matter.

I look at a red and black bra with lace. I think about it for a while before setting in back down on the counter. It was just too much. I decide on trying some white lace lingerie. I strip down and apply the undergarments to my body. The colour white is so innocent and pure, but at the same time I’ve never felt sexier. I buy them and hope that Marcel will think I look as sexy as I see myself.

--

I find Marcel in the kitchen, making his own birthday cake. I find it hilarious that neither his mum nor sister can bake. He’s apparently very good. He has his back turned to me and is stirring in a bowl of batter. His back muscles are moving while he stirs with a wooden spoon, and I can’t help but stare. I imagine his pursing his lips and furrowing eyebrows as he stirs the dough.

The oven makes a beep, and Marcel sets the mixing bowl down. The oven is on the wall on the opposite side of the room, which means he’ll have to turn around, and he’ll see me. I make a run for it up the stairs, to enhance the chance of his not seeing me, and my Victoria’s secret bag.

“Grace?” He calls after me.

“I’ll be right down!”

The smirk that rides on his lips, confirms that he has seen his birthday present. Damn. He walks over to me with long strides and dusting his hands of on his apron. He is fucking wearing an apron!