Chapter 38

lol, i've been shitty at updating -- school.

It's been a long time since I've taken Grace out on a proper date. We don't really need dates, though. We have an equally amazing and just as romantic time at home, as we would have at a restaurant. Grace and I both agree on that. Still, girls love being spoiled. They will seldom admit it, but every guy knows they do. The last time we went out, we were at the museum. And that wasn't even me treating her. I figured it was time to treat her.

"I'm picking you up in 60 minutes, be ready. - M xx"

I press send and I'm immediately notice that she has read it. For most people, a girl that is ready by the phone when her boyfriend texts, is desperate or thirsty as some call it. I love it, though. I do the same. I think it just shows that you need that persons company, and I don't see anything wrong with that. Before Grace, I could go days without having to worry about my phone. Nobody ever contacted me. Now, it's always placed in my back pocket, ready to grab when she calls.

Grace is a very curios person. She needs to know everything. It's one of her tragic flaws. It doesn't surprise me when she sends back bombarding my phone with replies.

"Are you taking me out on a date? - G xxx"

"Where are you taking me?"

"What's the dress code?"

"What are you wearing?"

I chuckle as I read all her messages. I tell her that a she can wear a whatever, as long as it can keep her warm. I also tell her I love her. Then I switch my phone on off so I won't get tempted to answer anymore of her questions.

I jump into the car 50 minutes after I sent the first text message. I round the corner to her street and see her mother waving at me from the window. I've been around often and both her parents have begun to recognize the black range rover as mine.

Denise is very kind, and she opens the door before I've even knocked. She welcomes me in and offers me several of beverages. I decline her many offers, many times. I know that she is very nice, but I can't help but think that she is being extra nice to me. I have a feeling it's because she doesn't want me to leave Grace. Though, it should really be the other way around. Grace is too good for me.

One time, when Grace wasn't present, Denise told me hat she hadn't seen Grace so happy for years. When they moved to Cheshire, Grace was dull and moody. She really didn't want to move and leave all her friends behind. She seemed happy the first day of school, though, but I guess she wasn't as happy as everyone thought she was. But, that is in the past. All that matters is that she is happy now, and happy with me.

"Are you done harassing my boyfriend?" Her soft voice speaks. I avert my attention to the girl leaning on the doorframe. She is wearing a pair of black skinnies, hoodie, beanie and boots.

"Honey, that's your fathers job", Denise jokes.

"Ready to go?" I ask and shrug my jacket on. Grace nods and intertwines our fingers when I walk up to her.

I open the passenger door for her and help her up the step. She thanks me with a blush on her face. I jog across to my side of the car and start the engine. As we drive, it's surprisingly quiet. We drive in silence, with the album "AM" playing in the background. It's the same album I got her for christmas. She wanted it so she could listen to what I listen to.

"I wanna be your vacuum cleaner, breathing in your dust."

"That doesn't make sense", Grace exclaims as "I wanna be yours" starts to play.

"Yes, it does", I say before starting singing along to the song. I have my phone connected by Bluetooth, playing "Arctic Monkeys", "The 1975" and others bands that I liked.