Chapter 8 ~ Honesty & Sibling Bonding

Start from the beginning

"What the hell Harry?! I was watching that!". Gemma moaned trying to get the remote off me.

"I know and I'm sorry but I need to get something off my chest, something really important".

Gemma and mum exchanged some looks before setting their gaze on me.

I took a shaky breath and pulled the birth certificate out of my jacket pocket, I unfolded it and handed it to mum or should I say threw it.

What? You would have done the same if you were angry and pissed off.

She frowned even more as she read it with Gemma leaning over her shoulder to see.

I kept my eyes on my mums face as her eyes widened in shock, "Wha....Harry, how did you-where did you find this?".

"No, the question is, why the fuck didn't you tell me we had a younger sister?!".

OK so the anger had completely taken over and I wasn't doing a single thing to stop it. My mum should know how this makes me feel.

"Harry I....". My mum started speaking but got cut off by Gemma.

"HOW THE HELL CAN YOU KEEP SOMETHING LIKE THIS FROM US?! WE DESERVED TO KNOW WE HAD A SISTER MUM! I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU!".

I had never seen Gemma this angry before in my entire life. She was always laid back and calm but this side to Gemma actually scared me.

"Kids, just let me explain....".

"WELL GO AHEAD! PEASE TELL ME WHY YOU LIED TO US FOR ALL THESE YEARS!".

I sighed deeply knowing I had to calm her down, I saw the tears rolling down Gemma's cheeks, I quickly made my way over to her and pulled her into a hug, she gladly accepted as she hid her face in my neck.

I sighed deeply while looking at mum, "Do you know Ella's dead?".

She looked down and nodded slowly, "Yes Harry, when I found out it was her in the accident, I was heartbroken".

Gemma quickly pulled away from me and glared at mum, "WELL IF YOU WERE SO HEARTBROKEN WHY DIDN'T YOU FUCKING TELL US?! NOW THERE IS NO WAY FOR ME TO SEE MY DEAD SISTER!".

I pulled her into another hug, "Gem, you gotta calm down, this isn't helping, OK?".

She took a deep breath and nodded once as she pulled away, I wiped her tears away then turned to mum, "We need to know everything mum".

She nodded while looking up at us with tears in her eyes, she took a shaky breath as she began explaining.

"When I first found out I was pregnant your father and I were going through a bad time, we were arguing constantly, he would go out for nights on end and I would tell you guys he'd gone on a business trip when really I had no clue where he was, I was already 5 months pregnant when I first found out, I had no morning sickness, I wasn't gaining any weight, I had no symptoms at all, the doctor said it was normal in some cases and I had nothing to worry about when really I did, I knew your father and I weren't in a stable relationship to have a baby and I'm against abortions completely, so the only thing I could think of was to have the baby and then give it up for adoption, when I told your father I was pregnant he didn't even care, I knew that was the end of our relationship, but we agreed to wait till you kids were old enough to understand before getting the divorce, look I can understand how angry and pissed off you both are but please understand I did this for the child, she didn't deserve being brought up with parents who can't stand each other, that's why I gave her up, you can hate me and ignore me but you need to understand why I did this".

Gemma just started at her not saying anything, I could tell she was trying to process all the information, "Even if you and dad were over, we still had a right to know about Ella, why didn't you tell us?".