nineteen.

it was a sleepless night for you. even though dazai has been gone for only a day, it felt lonely.

"i think it's best if we separate for a while."

the words from dazai bothered you ever since it slipped from his mouth. "you might think it's best, but i think it's a terrible idea..." you mumbled out, trying to avoid any fallout of tears.

"that domesticating bastard..." with dazai no longer here, sleep became a fleeting chore, oddly enough. you wrestle at night with the dark and the light trying to find comfort from either side but most times you lose the fight.

things seem clearer but only for a while as you fight to take control of the lethargy that creeps up and create bad thoughts about what dazai could possibly be doing at this very moment.

the dark consumes but sleep still eludes, it appears it has divorced itself from you. you're sleepless without dazai. you got used to his body next to yours, radiating warmth that blankets could never give.

"i can't sleep, how unfortunate." you turned your head to the closed window and stood up, walking towards it.

you exhaled with a shaky breath when you reached the window, opening it. the air felt fresh and new; a gentle breeze caressed your skin. you seated yourself next to the window and watched as ribbons of golden sunlight spilled into the city.

the yellow shining sun started rising from the ground. it filled the sky with mighty colours of red and splashed the clouds with endless rays of pink. it was bright, but didn't attract your attention.

'the sunrise isn't all that special without the person you love...' you thought as a small stream of tears rolled down your face and you quickly wiped them.

"maybe i should ask them..." you stood up and walked out of the apartment, then to the agency office.

as you made your way to the office, an anxious kitty saw you. "y/n why are your eyes puffy?!?" atsushi fidgeted around as you walked into the office.

"i'm fine scoobydoo..." you waved him off.

"scoobydoo?" he questioned, in denial of such a nickname.

"you look terrible." the man with glasses and blond hair stated bluntly.

"thanks glasses-kun." you shot finger guns at him, but quickly stopped your actions.

"oh~ it's about dazai isn't it?" the closed eye lidded man looked at you.

"spot on medusa." you groaned in irritation.

"medu- what kind of nickname is that? you know what never mind." he paused as he took the time to sulk.

"do you guys know where he is?" you looked around as they all turned to you in confusion.

"probably off committing suicide." the blond man said as he was looking at his computer.

"i said where." you stomped your feet angrily.

"why are you so worried about him?" he furrowed his eyebrows back at you with an eye roll.

"are seriously asking me why i'm worried about my boyfriend? also eye roll at me again and i'll throw your glasses out the window." you said as you began cracking your knuckles, causing him to grimace.