five.

warm fingers tapped on your shoulder, awakening you from your dreamless slumber. the dream was pitch black, nothing else. as you recalled, you heard someone calling your name.

"five more minutes..." you mumbled in a slurry manner, half-awake and half-asleep.

"are you okay?" an unfamiliar, gentle voice called out, surprising you. you stood up straight at the sudden voice. you looked at the man and saw he was also surprised by your awakening. for a minute, you both stared at each other awkwardly.

"i'm atsushi nakajima!" the man, boy, or girl, you couldn't really tell the difference, announced with a gleaming smile. his smile was pretty as it showed his pure white teeth.

"so bright..." you said as you covered your eyes from the purity.

"i'm y/n nice to meet you atsushi." you flashed a smile back at him.

you saw as he became anxious by the second. sweat would drip from his forehead, down to his neck. nervous gulps were visible as you stared intently at him. he wouldn't make any eye-contact with you, in fact he was basically staring at a wall.

"u-um did you get into a fight with dazai?" he managed to say, smiling proudly at himself.

"a fight..." you thought hard. 'when did we have a fight?' a ping of realization caused you to relax a little.

"maybe... why?" you avoided looking at him directly.

"it's just that he disappeared so i thought something happened..." you heard him laugh nervously.

checking your surroundings briefly, you saw that you were in the office. the collection of books, an array of scattered papers and laptops were around. it seemed like only you and atsushi was in the room.

"i'll go check his room." you got up and waved at the boy.

heading to his room, you opened the door to only meet emptiness. the usual dazai sitting next to the window was gone, leaving you with a resting frown. you walked towards the window and opened it. the gust of wind surprised you as you stared attentively outside it. a view dazai would have saw today would be a field full of clouds. the usual burning sun was gone. clouds covered it, turning the weather to a rather gloomy one.

you didn't realize it, but you soon drifted off to a deep sleep.

your dream was blank again. nothing was there but a black room. it felt like you were in hostility, no where to escape, no familiarity. a fearsome feeling tingled through you as you realized you were alone.

'no.'

being alone was the worst. stuck in a place where there's no light or people scared you. tears rolled down your face unknowingly and you fell down you knees.

"no!" you shouted as you woke up, looking around, gasping for air as a speckle of a lone tear slipped out of your eye. you looked around and saw the day turned into night.

it was cold. the furious wind crept up veins that shined lightly in the moonlight. it was cold to an extent that your breath swirled like a flittering fairy in the air, as if it was a winter breath.

clouds, clouds blocked the small silver moon that helped light up the streets and the faces of people. it shimmered across everyone, making them seem more dangerous than they really are. wisps of your hair glided along a gust of chilly air.

the apartment building the agents had were fairly small, but was the perfect size. dazai's room was dimly lit, but was practically empty except for two beds.