one.

a smile stretched across your face ear-to-ear after seeing his astonished face.

"why would you even try to save me?" a deep exasperated sigh made its way to your ears.

his dark brown eyes reflected upon the sun making it seem more red rather than the usual brown. he walked up to you abruptly and stopped right in front.

dazai placed his hand on your face, tilting it upwards making you lock eyes with him. he held your hand with his free one a gently caressed it.

"these hands..." he rubbed his thumb around it in a circular motion. his rigged yet soft hands roamed around yours as you started to feel more anxious by the second.

"they're perfect for choking." his voice sounded serious, but the statement itself caused you to be a bit irritated.

"oi!" you glared at him. there wasn't a reason for wanting to save him. why do you need a reason to save someone anyway?

"hey tell me your name." he whispered softly as he let go of your hand.

the wind blew stronger and the warmth of his hands were gone. pouting a little, the feeling of his hands lingered.

"y/n l/n, i'm y/n." you stated as you took the time to examine his face up close.

his mildly wavy hair blew as the wind swept it his bangs, revealing his forehead. eyes unreadable, mysterious, mischievous. the more you stared into it, the more it peeked your interest. it was hard to tell what he was thinking, it was quite persuasive, luring you in. the bandage wrapped around his arms distracted you as some came undone.

"my name is dazai, dazai osamu, your suicide partner-in-crime." he took a time to examine your physical features as well.

"not bad." he smiled pervertedly.

chills went up your spine and your stomach churned with embarrassment.

"take a picture so it would last longer." the words slipped out unintentionally.

he walked closer where each other's face met, lips almost touching.

"why would i take a picture when i've got the real thing right in front of me?" he smirked.

"DAZAI!" a blonde man walked up to dazai angrily.

"how much times do i have to tell you not to wander off!?" irritation seeped through each syllable and dazai backed away.

"but i found someone who would commit double suicide!" dazai stated as his eyes gleamed towards you.

"what." you and the blonde man said almost simultaneously.

"eh?!? you don't want to commit double suicide with me?" he whined at you.

"i said i would save you not die with you." you deadpanned.

"just let him be, he's always been this way." the blonde spoke.

"come back soon dazai." and so, he left without saying another word.

silence soon engulfed the atmosphere and a forced chuckle was heard.

"you heard kunikida, i'm basically hopeless. i've always been this way so don't even try." a sad smile appeared.