Chapter 23

The next few days, Liu and BEN worked on his room, taking their time and not using any supernatural stuff to help them. When they were done, Liu's room looked wonderful. They sat on the bed and cuddled for a few hours in complete silence.

"BEN," whispered Liu. "I really care about you."

BEN blushed. "I care about you too."

"I wanna be with you. As soon as I kill Marissa will you be mine officially?"

"I would love to."

Liu smiled and gave BEN a quick kiss before standing up and taking BEN to the kitchen to make something to eat. As Liu was cooking Lydia walked in, her baby bump now noticeable.

"Hello, Liu," she said cheerfully. "What are you cooking?"

Liu smiled. "Just some lasagna. Do you want me to bring you some when it's done?"

"That would be nice."

"Lydia," called Jeff. "How many times do I need to tell you not to walk around if you don't have to?"

"Jeff, relax. I need to move around sometimes."

Jeff sighed and nodded. "I'm sorry for worrying so much, Lydia. I just don't want anything to happen to you or the baby."

"I know you don't Jeff, but you need to relax every now and then."

Liu looked at Jeff. "I think tonight should be the night we kill her. I don't want her here on Christmas, she'll beg for everything."

Jeff nodded. "Okay, make sure everything is ready. Lydia, go get ready for dinner and I'll be up shortly."

When Lydia was upstairs, Jeff and Liu grabbed the poison and put it in Marissa's drink. BEN smiled before walking upstairs, happy that Marissa would soon be dead. Liu took the lasagna out of the stove and began getting dinner ready. When everything was set, Marissa came over and sat down next to Liu.

"Liu, for Christmas I want a new laptop," she said sharply.

Liu sighed. "Whatever you say dear."

Marissa smirked and continued to eat. "You know, Jeff, you should really do something about your face."

Jeff glared at her. "What's wrong with my face?"

"It's horrifying to even look at."

Jeff opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by Liu. "Marissa, wouldn't you like some of your drink?"

Marissa smiled. "Yeah, that sounds nice."

She picked up her glass and took a small sip. Liu looked at Jeff and smirked as Marissa began to choke. Her face had begun to turn blue and soon she stopped breathing and fell to the floor. No one at the table seemed bothered by it though. When dinner was over, Liu and Jeff dragged Marissa's body outside, after giving Eyeless Jack her kidneys, and dumped her in the woods. Liu felt proud of himself for killing her. He would no longer have to spend every penny on her, listen to her complain about her shoes being dirty. He was finally a free man and planned on keeping his promise to BEN.

Jeff walked over to Lydia and put his hands on her growing stomach, a small smile on his lips. Even though the baby wasn't his, he was still going to love and care for the child as though it was his own. Lydia smiled at Jeff and put her hands on his. She understood why he was so upset, but she knew Jeff would be a wonderful father.

"I'm sorry, Jeff," she whispered sadly. "I wish the baby growing inside me was yours."

Jeff smiled at her. "Lydia, the baby might not be my biological child, but he or she is still my son or daughter. Alex would never have stayed with a woman if he got her pregnant, but I will. I'll keep you and this baby safe even if I have to kill the whole world in order to protect you both."

Lydia smiled and gave Jeff a soft kiss. They walked into the kitchen just in time to see BEN dragging Liu out of the room and upstairs.

"Where are you two going?" asked Jeff.

Liu turned and looked at his brother, a blush on his face. "You don't wanna know."

Jeff quickly walked out of the house with Lydia by his side.