I'm stuck once again. I didn't want to say the wrong thing, but I'm also conflicted  just tell her the truth or not.

She just stood there waiting, like she already knew the answer.

I stood up and turn away from her, unzipping my dress. "It was nothing, babe. She just made me a drink and we talked all night."

"Was that the night you came home late?" She asked calmly.

"Um yea, I think it was." I replied walking in to the bathroom.

She followed me quickly and I can tell this conversation wasn't over.

"But you told me you were working.." I can tell by the tone of her voice that she was getting upset.

"Okay." I said simply hoping she would drop it.

"Okay?"

I didn't say anything. I just stood in the mirror taking off my makeup.

"Okay, is all you have to say to me right now?" She continued.

I just huffed looking at myself in the mirror. I just knew I was getting some tonight, I guess not.

"I don't remember baby, but can we please stop arguing and enjoy the rest of our night?" I was hoping she would comply and forget what Carmen said and the argument all together.

She just walked out of the bathroom with out saying anything else. Which wasn't a good sign, now she's going to give me the cold shoulder.

"Uhh, happy birthday to me." I said to myself in the mirror, throwing my makeup wipe away.
___________________________

Jada

"Hello, welcome to Valentino! Anything I can help you with?" I asked an older man as he walked in. It was my second week at my new job and I was going through my training. Ms.Sylvia was back there watching me like a hawk. So I had to make sure I didn't mess up.

"Yes please, I'm here to buy something for my wife, but I'm not to sure on what to get her. Could you help please?"

"Of course, what's the occasion?" I asked.

"Her birthday is coming up and she keeps complaining about her bags and how she needs a new one. " he said walking towards the wall with the bags.

"Ok great! What's her style? Does she like big bags, small bags--"

"She loves those big ole bags! I could never understand why someone would need a bag that big." He said with a confused face. I just giggle and pulled down a bag.

We look at through the bag selection for a while before he actually liked one.

"Maybe she'll like this?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No, not this one she has one this color."

"Ouu! what about this one?" I asked. It was like a neutral pinkish color. It was cute.

"Oh yes! I think she'll love it. I'm definitely getting this one. What about shoes to match? She loves to match her purses and shoes!" He said. He was so excited about getting his wife a birthday present. I want somebody to get this happy about me...