Chapter Five

HaileyB22 left me the most encouraging, amazing comments and then sent me a message that was honestly so touching. She made my day, it wasn't even a question when I thought about dedicating this chapter to her.
This one is for you, thank you for your comments and support!
Xx Divine Romance
~~~

Suzanna woke up freezing – literally. Her fingers were so cold she could barely move them. The days had been turning colder and colder, especially over the last week. She was sure it would be snowing soon.

She groaned and rolled over in her bed. It was only just beginning to turn to dawn – her room was still nearly completely dark. She closed her eyes and snuggled further under the warmth of the covers, hoping to find sleep again. A creak had her peeping an eye open. Her door was opening slowly.

Her heart practically stopped inside her chest. With a small laugh, she realised it was just her lady-in-waiting, Eloise, entering, probably to make the fire that had burned down during the night. Silly, she giggled silently to herself.

She fell back into a light sleep to the sounds of Eloise piling wood into the fireplace. However, it was not long before someone was gently nudging her awake.

"My lady, you asked me to wake you up early."

Suzanna sighed into her pillow and forced her eyes open. She had promised Rose that she would accompany her to the village home for the homeless to help with the children there all day. The people would get to bond with their Princess and Suzanna would get to spend the day away from the castle. She did not often get to visit the shelter and it had seemed like an excellent idea at the time.

At this early hour, she was suddenly regretting her decision.

"Tell Rose I will join her later today. Too tired," Suzanna whined, smooshing her head further into the pillow.

Eloise's laughter rang out softly. "It is only an hour before I usually wake you, my lady."

"Stop calling me that," Suzanna groaned, her voice muffled. Why did her lady-in-waiting's always insist on being so formal? Suzanna was always telling Eloise to call her by her first name.

"If you do not move from that bed I shall never call you by your first name again," Eloise threatened.

"Fine..." Suzanna responded, turning over and snuggling comfortably into her bed. She could feel sleep – so close, yet just out of reach.

"Suzanna!" Eloise cried. The multiple blankets covering Suzanna were suddenly snatched away from her. The cold hit Suzanna like she had just jumped into a river of ice.

"Gah!" Suzanna cried, scrambling from her bed and running to the fireplace. Her nightgown hardly provided enough warmth for her.

From her bed, Eloise giggled hysterically, until tears were forming in her eyes.

"You... should have... seen your face," she gasped out in between her hysterical giggles. "Moved... so fast," she continued, complete with a hiccup at the end. Suzanna glared at her half-heartedly, although she could not help seeing the humour in the situation.

"I cannot believe you just forced the Princess of the land out of her bed and stole her blankets," Suzanna stated in amusement.

"You told me yesterday to wake you up however I could," Eloise defended, finally finished with her giggles.

"I was awake!" Suzanna cried, rolling her eyes. Eloise's only reply was a high-pitched hiccup. Suzanna eyed the girl, then slowly started to laugh. "Well, since I'm up, please help me dress! I'm freezing here!"