Chapter 1

Why, hello lovely reader, and welcome to my story! I've been working and coming up with this plot for a fair while, so you bet I'm eager to write it all down for the Young Justice community! I hope you'll enjoy reading this, and perhaps leave a comment or two, don't feel shy! Comments really do motivate me to keep write and believe me, I do need that motivation. Now, before I continue, I must point out that while the entire plot belongs to me, the DC characters that will be introduced throughout the story, including Bart Allen/Impulse do not. Now that that's over with, have a nice read~~! <3

Chapter 1

You heaved a light sigh as you dropped your pencil, scanning over the paper set before you. Honestly, what was the point of this quiz? It was the fourth -and thankfully the last- one in this week only! Sheesh, just because your teacher had a major crush on the Speedsters Incorporation's current representative, Lex Luthor the 3rd, didn't mean you had to spend half your classes studying his company.

Well, either way, half the quiz was about the Speedsters Incorporation while the other was about what you should actually be going over, the Second Industrial Revolution. You were quite knowledgeable on both topics, so you were confident you'd nail this test. You were more worried about your sanity than your mark, really. The past week seemed to have stretched on forever...

Your eyes strayed back toward a question. 'Briefly summarize the Speedsters Incorporation's installments.'

Pfft, piece of cake. Fifty years ago, a machine, known as The Flash or Barry Allen, was created. It was programmed to assist the president, and was gifted with the ability to run at inhuman speeds.

It wasn't necessarily recognized until fifteen years ago, when it saved the President. In honor of its bravery, a new branch of programmed machines was created, Speedsters. Following this, the Speedsters Incorporation was founded by the current Lex Luthor, and programs that took the form of a human, known as Kid Flashes, were made. They were inspired by The Flash and meant to help humans, whether in military operations or at home.

Finally, just recently, the Speedsters Incorporation released a new, improved program, the Impulse. Unlike its ancestors, its sole purpose was to act as a family member or friend in houses.

All right, good enough. Next... 'Explain how the Second Industrial Revolution happened, and what triggered it.'

You felt yourself stiffen. The Second Industrial Revolution...

It happened about ten years ago, when the population complained that children left their parent's house too late, and that efforts should be made to allow them to gain independence at an earlier age. The government was willing to oblige, only they needed the cooperation of the people. The operation ended up being a success, and in the process, technology greatly advanced. Thus its name.

But not everyone was wanting all of this. 'Families that resisted the Revolution were arrested', you wrote, yet you knew that was false.

They were killed. Killed in their own house, their pained cries pointlessly bouncing off the walls...

With a shaky sigh, you pushed such horrible thoughts aside and continued. 'How was the Speedsters Incorporation involved in the Second Industrial Revolution?'

You didn't have quite as much to write down for this question.

'Kid Flashes were sent to arrest resisting families.'

The bell rang, signalling that the school day was finally over. You eagerly got to your feet, gathered your stuff, and were about to rush out into the hallway when your teacher's unfeeling voice call out.