Roman: Comeback

"You know, I can't exactly tell you that."

He could sense Neo behind him, but apparently the unfortunate Hunter interrogating him couldn't see that.

"And why not? You can't go anywhere, Roman Torchwick. The Vale Police Department is offering a pretty big reward for your death."

Roman smirked. "Oh, well if you just want to kill me then..."

Now, Neo!

Sure enough, a pink blur dropped down from the bridge above them, and the Hunter took a heeled boot to the face.

With a groan, he sunk to the ground as Neo's parasol opened. Roman laughed. "Honestly, killing me won't do any favors for you. So I think..." He pretended to think for a second, and Neo closed her parasol, unsheathing her blade.

"I think we should end this little argument now, don't you?"

Neo smirked, her eye color switching. Ready when you are.

He nodded, and Neo brought down her blade into the man's stomach, killing him instantly. She gave a little bobbing curtsy and sheathed the blade, her parasol opening again when she sheathed the blade.

Roman laughed. Paying respect to the dead?

Sure. Why not?  Then her expression got more serious. We should honestly go before the body under the bridge attracts attention.

Roman nodded. Or, we could hide it, since undetected seems to be your style.

She bobbed her head, her eyes switching back. Roman twirled his cane around his wrist, planting it in the ice below them. One shot from it opened up a hole, and Neo slid the body into it.

She rubbed her hands together nervously. Okay, that's done. Now we should go!

Roman sighed. All right, Neo. We can go.

She had been on edge ever since their last visit to Salem's domain, and with good reason. He didn't see any reason for Salem or Cinder to punish them again, but they could make up one. 

Cinder was very creative, Roman thought with a grimace. The worst part was that he was incredibly protective, and last time that got her in trouble.

He didn't exactly get off the hook either, he thought bitterly. When Neo had gone to sleep, Salem had called him back down and practically drawn a scar across his back with her finger.

When Neo had woken up, he had done his best to hide the scar, but she saw right through him and healed the cut. The scar was still present, and it was a grounding reminder of what happened when you crossed Salem.

Her hand slipped into his as they were getting ready to go, and he smiled. Don't think about that, Roman. It'll be okay this time, I promise.

He looked down at her and saw a similar smile on her face. You know, I didn't feel anything when she did it. I was thinking about what she did to you.

Neo rolled her eyes, but blushed nonetheless. You always know what to say.

With that, she spun around, opening her parasol and beginning to teleport them to Salem's domain.

They're back in black! Or pink and brown...whatever. I love these two and I did tease a return, so here it is! See you Bookworms in the next chapter! c: