Neo: Redemption

She was insanely nervous, but she didn't want to show it. That was her personality, calm and collected. If she let go of that now, she might never reclaim it here.

Roman was next to her, which calmed her a bit as she raised the knocker and let go, sending a ringing sound through the empty plain.

The door creaked open, and Emerald stood there, looking scared. Her eyes widened. "Neo? Roman? What are you doing here?"

Neo connected with her friend again, and smiled. We have some information for Salem.

Neo, you can communicate again?

Yep! 

Roman stepped up. "Are you going to let us in, or..."

Emerald gave him a dirty look. "Sure. Let me tell Lady Salem."

She disappeared, and Neo rolled her eyes. Emerald doesn't like you very much.

Roman laughed. What are you, new here?

Emerald came back, and let them in. "Lady Salem's in her throne room. Good luck."

Neo smiled at her friend as they walked up the stairs.

In the throne room, Salem was sitting on her throne of crystal with an amused look on her face.

Neo bowed, and Roman did the same. Salem stretched out her hand. "Rise. Why have you come here after failing to complete your mission?"

Neo connected with her. My lady, we had a minor problem with Ruby Rose. We have come to ask for your forgiveness and provide you with some information.

Salem nodded slowly. "You are forgiven, as even Cinder could not beat that girl. What is the information you have collected?"

Roman stepped forward. "Neo has found the location of the Spring Maiden."

That alone was self-explanatory. Salem nodded, her eyes flashing red. "Good. Tell me, and I will make your punishment less severe."

Neo's heart sank. My...my lady?

"You heard me correctly. You attacked a companion of mine directly, and your partner injured a powerful link to the Faunus. You will be the one taking this punishment, Neopolitian."

Roman tensed. "My lady, don't make her take the punishment. I was protecting her when I injured Adam..."

Salem nodded sharply. "Very well. I see no reason that your actions should be a punishment. However, do not question me on the punishment for injuring Tyrian. He is valuable to me, and should he fall to one of my own, I will know."

Roman inhaled. "Yes, my lady."

Neo connected with Roman quickly. Don't worry. I'll be fine. Please don't make this a bigger deal than it has to be, I don't want you to suffer.

Roman looked into her eyes softly. Neo...

Neo connected with Salem again. My lady, please don't make him watch.

I will not. I am not merciless.

Salem waved a hand. "Roman, you are dismissed. Have Emerald show you to your room."

Roman was about to leave when Dr. Watts came into the room and gave a stiff bow. "That won't be necessary, my lady. I can show our guest his room."

Salem nodded, and Roman was escorted out of the room, but their link held strong. Neo had a feeling Salem wasn't distorting the link on purpose, which made her uneasy.

She closed her eyes, and pain shot up her spine almost immediately. Roman called her name over the link, and she kept standing. Salem lifted her hand, and a sharper pain shot through her entire body, causing her to collapse. Neo opened her eyes weakly, and saw Tyrian approaching, looking far too pleased.

Pain coursed through her arm, and she looked down to see Tyrian's knife embedded in the floor behind her. A long cut ran across her arm, and she sighed. Physical injuries took longer to heal.

Salem raised her hand. "Enough. She has learned her lesson now, I feel."

Neo nodded once, and tried her best to get up. Salem snapped her fingers, and Emerald came in and lifted Neo up, taking her away.

Roman? I'm coming up.

Neo! What did she do?

One arm injury, one full body shock, and a back shock, Neo recounted, wincing as the pain continued. I'll heal them when we're alone.

Emerald opened the door to Roman and Neo's shared room, which looked the same as Neo remembered. Reddish purple walls with a wooden floor and a window looking over the Grimm.

Roman jumped up as soon as he saw them, and Emerald eased Neo into his arms. "I'm going back down, Dr. Watts wanted me to help heal Cinder."

The thief looked less than sure of herself, and Neo connected with her. Don't worry, illusions have powerful healing properties.

Emerald nodded. "Okay. Thanks, Neo...I'm sorry about what happened."

Neo shook her head. Don't be. Besides, I'd much rather you carry me than Mercury.

Her friend chuckled as the image came to both their minds. "I suppose that's one good thing."

She left, leaving Neo and Roman alone.

Roman sighed and set Neo down on her bed. "I really hope that was worth it."

Neo smiled. It will be in the long run. Salem knows where the Spring Maiden is now, so she won't be bothered by small details anymore.

Her partner frowned. "Your life isn't a small detail."

A grin broke out on the petite girl's face. To Grimm, it is. Roman, I know you don't like it, but that's her nature.

Roman bent down and kissed her. "You never fail to amaze me, Neo."

She felt her aura start to heal the back pain, and the cut on her arm began to slowly heal as well. 

I shouldn't stop amazing you, I'm your partner.

Yes, you are.

One last kiss, and Neo's shock wounds were completely healed.

Aaaaand that's a wrap! I really love writing c:  <-------------and this face. Neo's just been Neo for 7 chapters lol.