Rose DIYs

Since Valentine's Day (or Forever Alone Day) is over and roses are the flower of the holiday, I decided to show you guys how I make oils and facial mists using roses. These two tutorials are easy and simple and have great benefits for the skin.

Let's get started~

1. Rose Water

What you'll need: a pot, 2-3 roses, 1 cup of water to start off with, a spray bottle

Instructions:

1. Peel the rose petals off of the stem.

2. Add the rose petals and 1 cup of water into a pot. Make sure that the roses are slightly covered with the water and not swimming in water, otherwise you'll dilute the rose water.

3. Let the water simmer for about 30 minutes or until the water has become rich in color and the rose petals have lost a lot of color and have become almost translucent. During this time you might have to add a little more water if the petals have soaked up too much water.

4. Use a strainer to pour the rose water into a spray bottle and you're done!

Extra:

If you want to make your rose water more moisturizing, you can add 2-3 tbs of aloe vera gel because aloe vera is soothing and hydrating for the skin. In case you want to make a rose water setting spray, just add some glycerin and you're makeup won't budge.

2. Rose Oil

What you'll need: a pot, 2-3 roses, 1 cup of oil ( jojoba or grape seed), water, a jar

Instructions:

1. Boil some water in a pot. Once the water boils turn off the heat.

2. Peel the petals off of the rose stem and rip them up into smaller pieces.

3. Add 1 cup of your preferred oil and the rose petals into a jar.

4. Place the closed jar into the pot with the hot water and wait until the water completely cools off. This will cause the aroma and scent of the roses to be released into the oil.

5. For the last step you can leave the rose petals in the oil or you can strain them out.

Extra:

Roses are great for the skin and were an all time favorite of the ancient Romans and Greeks. Roses help tighten pores and moisturize your skin. They also have a relaxing aroma, are high in antioxidants and are great for acne-prone skin.

That's all for today,

Thank you so much for reading. I hope that everybody's Valentine's Day was good and that you enjoyed these two quick & easy tutorials. If you have a request for the next chapter, leave a comment or message me. If you'd like you can follow me here on wattpad and if you want to go the extra step you can follow me on instagram (gomenasai.jpg) and/or tumblr (mishhatesyou). It'd make little ol' me very happy :) Also, I'm really proud of myself for posting two days in a row... like, who am I?

Happy belated Valentine's day to you all. 

Till the next time,

Mish