~*~Sixteen~*~

*Kade*

I look down at my hands, Daniel next to me and Tori next to him, Chase and Joey across from us in the back of the van. James driving with Trevor next to him. “She won’t stay.” I finally realise with a groan, we were almost there, almost at Edison’s place, “She won’t bloody stay there.”

Joey lets out a dry laugh as if what I said was a bad joke, “Of course she won’t, and she’s Annalisa Evans, asking her to stay away was like an invitation for her to join. She can fight, if you’re going to believe anything, believe that Mathis.” He meets my gaze as he says the last part, holding my eyes as if willing me to believe his words.

“Quiet.” James interrupts, no warmth in his voice, I still don’t know why he’s here there’s nothing in this for him, “Let’s go, we haven’t got long to get them out of there.”

I lean forward out of my seat and face James, “This is a joint team,” I murmur lowly so no one else can hear, “You are not the leader, in any way shape or form, remember that.”

Before turning around and following the others out of the back of the van. “Kaiden.”  I stop at James’s call as we all stood in the shadows. “I called some more back up. I know you’ll never trust me, so I called someone who you will trust.”

At his words I heard the slight snap of a branch and everyone’s eyes turned to the trees, braced for a fight my hand automatically went to my back pocket, all that was there was a pocket knife but aim it all right and it’ll do some damage to give us a head start.
“Whoa Kaiden, mate, leave the knife alone.” I let out a breath upon watching the black haired man step out of the shadows.

I shake my head amused, “Antony.” I smile as he steps over to me.

He gives me a classis Jones smirk, “Sorry, I’m the surprise, shall we go save my brother?”

I give a brief nod and that’s all that was necessary for us to go on our way. I watch as Antony looks around glancing at everyone as we walked towards the mansion, “Where’s little one?” He muses to me under his breath.

I frown, trying to decode his words before realising who he meant, “Anna? Not here.” I reply.

“Yet.” Joey mumbles under his breath. “Okay.” He says a little louder, “There’s no way they just leave the gate open.”

James scoffs lightly, “Edison is cocky.” Is all the information he gives us.

Why didn’t I go in the first group -seven minutes-, Daniel stands next me, just as edgy as I am. With Tori already gone in with Joey, James and Trevor. Chase and Antony out here with us as we stay in the shadows, waiting for something, anything.

Trevor and Tori can’t fight well, Joey is alright and James fights first and asks later, which is good in some circumstances. But this circumstance? I’m not sure. –Six minutes-

“What are we waiting for?” Chase murmurs, “We can’t stay out here.”

I watch Antony look around nervously, “Let’s go,” He agrees with Chase, “How are they going to gives us a sign if they’re in the middle of a room or fighting.”

You can’t fault the logic in that. I share a glance with Daniel who, with an unchanging expression, nods. “We should wait the five minutes.” I murmur lowly.

A plan. We need to follow the plan.

“Screw that,” Chase responds, “We should help them.”