~*~Eight~*~

*Kade *

I wake up to the sound of someone climbing down the ladder, Annalisa to be precise, she gets down and I hear her shiver, I open my eyes to see her going through her duffel, I look at the cheap alarm clock across the room as it reads: 3:47am

“What,” I mumble still half asleep, “Are you doing?”

After Robin’s comment at dinner we’d turned to the small TV and watch movies, forgetting all about what he’d said. And after showers and once we’d gone to bed Annalisa and I hadn’t spoken once about the kisses, nothing at all.

Annalisa jumps and turns to look at me, running a hand through her blonde waves, it was rather cruel if you ask me, she was in an oversized jumper and a pair of cotton shorts, showing off her long legs that were usually concealed by jeans.

I could barely make out the tattoos that danced around her ankles and her thighs. “I-I can’t sleep.” She admits sheepishly.

“Come here.” I mumble, not anymore awake now then I was before as I roll onto my back, pushing the covers back as she sits on the edge of the bunk.

I place my hands on either side of her waist and pick her up, placing her down on my hips so she was practically straddling me, her hands splayed on my chest, “What are you-“

“Lay down.” I interrupt yawning, smiling at her as she lays down, still straddling me, giving me a small smile before she lays her head on my chest, I reach and pull the blanket up over us, up to her shoulders. “Comfy?” I ask.

Annalisa says nothing, keeping one of her hands next to her head, letting the other one slide around my body until it was hooked around my waist as I wrap both my arms around her waist.

“Oh come on! Jesus you two! Bloody hormonal teenagers!” I hear Robin groan, as the wait on my hips shifts and I hear a female groan mixed with my own. “I swear I was never this bad!”

“Bullshit!” I say as loudly as I can in my drowsy state. “You were worse.” I laugh opening my eyes where I couldn’t see jack shit due to not having my glasses on, “Must I recount Monica Santiago?”

“No, no. Definitely not, when are we going to Detroit? We need to be there in six days, but I’d prefer to leave as soon as possible so I can scope out who you’re versing.”

A frown crosses my face at Robin’s words and I jump when I feel my glasses getting slid onto my face before Annalisa rolls off of me and stands up, “Is this the competitors home town?” I question slowly, sitting up, as Robin shakes his head.

“Nope, but there is going to be three rounds.” Robin scratches his head as he leans against the doorframe in just a pair of boxers, showing off all of his tattoos. “First round there’s four fights so eight competitors. Second round there’s two fights, four competitors. Then round three. It’s goes over six days.” Robin counts each day of on fingers, listing it off to Annalisa and I. “Day one, round one. Day two, break, get your strength back if you win. Day three, round two. Then days four and five, you rest and prepare for day six, the last and final round.”

And that’s how we ended up sitting on a train to Detroit two hours later, and in Detroit seventeen hours later, unfortunately during the train ride Robin was two train compartments down from Annalisa and I, due to the small space and our bags. “You alright?” I look up as Annalisa walks into my room of the hotel that had been booked out for fighters and whoever they bring, carrying two bottles of water chucking one at me.