Seeing all the blood brought him back to the car accident, replaying in his mind over and over again.

_______________________

"Mickey, calm down," Ian laughed, quickly glancing over at his pouting boyfriend before returning his gaze to the road. They were on a side street, away from the police officers and the gangbangers that were cluttering the streets lately. Mickey was bundled up in Ian's jacket, his face twisted into a morphed version of a pout and a scowl. He was exhausted yet for the past couple of days, he hasn't been able to fall into a steady sleep.

"Just hurry up and get our ice cream, Gallagher," Mickey gruffed, crossing his arms before he felt Ian pull to a stop at a stop sign. He looked over at his boyfriend with a glance that said 'please hurry the fuck up before I hit you' but Ian instead took a quick glance to make sure there were no cars before turning to face Mickey. The older boy loved the sight of a relaxed Ian with his hair messy and a grin wide on his face.

"Why aren't you driving?" Mickey snapped lightly, his voice sour yet gentle at the same time. He was mad, but not at Ian. He was mad the world for bot letting him sleep or catch a day of relaxation. Ian just shrugged before reaching out, sliding his hand around his boyfriend's jaw before leaning forward. Their lips met, giving Mickey an internal burst of energy as he placed his hands on Ian's neck. The kiss was soft yet needy, like they were both extracting the level of attention they needed just from it.

"Be patient, Mick," Ian mumbled, slowly pulling away from his boyfriend with a slight chuckle. Mickey has his beautiful blue eyes closed, his lips still chasing after Ian's before forming into a gentle smile. This was a side of Mickey no one ever saw - where he was past the point of being violent and he couldn't control the neediness that brewed in his chest. Ian loved seeing his boyfriend like this because it actually gave him a feeling of a sense of purpose. "We'll get the ice cream and then spoon and I'll give you lots of kisses."

"You fucking better," Mickey growled, crossing his arms but Ian could see the slight smile on the boy's face. Quickly glancing around to see if there were cars, before hitting the gas. Nothing could prepare them for the next few moments. It went in slow motion, like the world was having fun watching the lives of a couple meaningless boys change.

Mickey called out to Ian, watching the speeding truck barrel down the road. It was moving so fast that it was just a blur and when Ian turned to look at it, he knew there was no way he would make it out in time. He quickly jumped forward, sliding his arm over Mickey as he tried to cover his boyfriend's body with his night. There was only so much he could do in a span of a few seconds before the truck collided with the passenger door. The car spun, shoved out of the way by the massive truck. It spiraled into another car that was pulling into the intersection and then it was all over. The truck was gone, Ian was barely alive, and there was glass everywhere. Mickey couldn't feel anything except the kiss that was still burning against his lips. Ian, with shaky fingers and tight breaths, reached out to  cradle his boyfriend's cheeks.

"It'll be okay," Mickey whispered, his eyes welling up with tears. His brain filled with merciless screaming until the world fell to black. He wasn't sure if it was the woman in the other car or him.

_______________________

"He won't talk to us," Mandy whispered, her shaking body leaning into Lip's solid frame. He wrapped his arms around her, fighting back his urge to make a snarky comment on how he wasn't able to talk in the first place. "I tried talking to him and he won't acknowledge me and this is all my fault." Mandy raised her hands to her hair, curling them into fists.

Looking into the room, Lip could see Mickey curled up on his bed with the blankets thrown over his frame loosely. It had been six hours since the security guards pulled Terry out, since the two young Milkovichs got treated for their injuries, since Mandy apologized and blamed herself. Mickey hasn't moved once since then.

"He'll be okay, Mands." Lip kept his voice gentle but he was scared, to put it bluntly. He knew that Mickey was naturally a cold person because of his childhood and Ian was the only one who could bring out the warmness in the older boy's heart. Mickey was pushed straight to his breaking point and there was no way to pull him back.

"He's not. Not if Ian doesn't start getting better."

_______________________

Dad came by.
- who the fuck else.