Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Jesse

It couldn't be any more clear to me what we had to do. It was time for me and Mason to finish this war that had been raging for two reincarnations. We had everything that we needed to finish what had begun in a life I could now remember.

Mason and I moved, walking down the halls. We had the books, we had the items we needed, and we have each other. There was an ominous feeling that was affecting both of us. We were both quiet, our footsteps echoing in the halls of the school, taking us to our destination.

It was unnerving to think about the fact that we were about to finish this. Neither Justice nor I thought that we would truly be able to finish this. My mind was jumbled with confusing thoughts. In one moment I was glad to see the end of this, and that Mason and I could finally move onto figuring out our relationship and how we were going to be together in the real world. On the other hand, I felt like what we were doing was wrong; we were going to end someone's life, and I didn't know if I could handle the guilt that may come with it.

I took a deep breath, Mason's hand squeezing mine. I could feel his anxiety through the bond and I touched the tattoo for reassurance of his unwavering strength. After everything that we've been through, I knew that when this was all over I would have him to depend on and be his solid rock as well.

Every step was ringing in my ear, the closer we got to the exit of the school. The doors seemed so far away, but I could also see that we were approaching them very quickly.

We pushed open the doors of the school, the forest now in view. The trees were so tall, looming over us as though they knew about the horrible task that we were about to perform. The trees also seemed to give off the impression that we were in over our head for what was about to take place.

We continues into the set of trees, our pace consistent with our overall intention to be successful in this endeavor. As we made our way through the trees, the path seemed to get darker and darker, the only thing leading us our past lives' memories as to where the ceremony had to take place to be successful.

I could only hope that we as well as our past selves were correct in this tactic of dealing with him.

Suddenly Mason stopped, his hand squeezing mine to stop with him. His grip was tight, almost crushing. I felt his worry through the bond.

"Do you hear that?" I listened for any sounds. It was quiet.

"I don't hear anything."

"Exactly. Wouldn't you think that in the forest there would be many sounds and animals scurrying around?" What he was saying made sense. Why weren't there any sounds?

Suddenly, there was a loud bang! "Hear me, hear me now." Mason and I moved closer to where the sound was coming from. As we neared the clearing, the chanting got louder and louder.

Mason and I hid behind the bushes, hoping that the person couldn't see us. We saw light coming from the pyro in the center of the clearing. There were many things around the fire, wooden tree stumps, animal hide, and lots of ritual tools. I recognized them, the set of the Goddess Hekate, the goddess of witches, beasts, and pathways. Each item was an intricately carved and sacred thing that was meant to be decorative, but could also be used to invoke the power of the goddess; a practice that needed to be done with extreme caution.

Mason was tense next to me as we saw the setting in front of us. He was scared--as was I.

Then the person we'd been searching for, the person who was the cause of all this stepped out from the shadows. It was Luke, or Lorenzo from the past, looking just as he did to our past life.

How was this possible?

====================================

Author's Note:

I know, I know, this is super short. I apologize, but on the bright side, there is just one more chapter left and one epilogue. THIS IS SO EXCITING!!! 

I hope that every has enjoyed the ride that Jesse and Mason have been on, and will continue to support them as there WILL be a BOOK 2 that I am currently planning. It will take a while before I actually start posting the chapters for them, but those chapters will be released on a weekly basis, possibly every Thursday, as I will be posting chapters for 'American Dream' on Wednesdays. 

Thank you all for loving this story as much as I have and have made it reach its peak position at #326. Please remember to vote and comment to make this story soar past this mark so that more readers can have the opportunity to discover and enjoy this story as much as I have enjoyed writing it. 

Much Love, 

Stephen Than, The Purple Queen

My Instagram handle is: the_purple_queen_writes *I post a picture when I post a chapter!!