4. Lucy Against Tartarus (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

Franmath turned to the female demon Kyouka in confusion, but didn't dare disrupt the she-devil when she was in such a change of mood.  Her expression explained it all; murder was on her mind and her shock was gone like it was never there.

"I will have the Devil Slayer, Silver, take care of our little..."  Kyouka paused for a moment, her aura slipping into a dark anger.  "...intruder."

--

Natsu broke—more like exploded—the steel door that seperated him from the strongest point of Erza's scent.  When he spotted the mage unconscious and chained, his eyes widened.

"Erza!"  Natsu exclaimed angrily, Happy following after him as the sprinted over to her.

Erza stirred slightly.  "Natsu...what are you doing here?"

Not answering, Natsu paid no mind to Erza's nudity and jumped to his feet, burning the chains that held Erza to a crisp.  She dropped to her knees, unable to make her muscles cooperate from the sheer exhaustion and pain she still felt.  Happy handed Erza new clothing, and slowly, she pulled them on after a small thank you.  

When Natsu had slung Erza's arm over his shoulder, Happy began explaining to Erza about the plan.  Though injured and weak, Erza's strong mind and demeanor slowly helped her physical body recover.  She listened intently to the plan, her expression hard despite the intense pain she must have just gone through only half an hour ago.  However, Happy left out something; something Natsu and Erza shouldn't know yet.  

However, Happy could tell them something now that even Natsu hadn't known; he'd have to listen now.

"There's something I haven't told you, Natsu!"  Happy exclaimed, flying over the Fire Dragon Slayer as they slowly progressed through the hall.

"What is it, Happy?"  Natsu replied, his full focus on the area around them; he was prepared for any oppponent who would spring from the stone's shadows.

"Lucy's paying a heavy price for doing this."

Natsu stopped, adjusting the hold he had on Erza.  "Nani?  What do you mean?  We're all paying a heavy price right now!"

Erza looked suspicious, despite her exhausted look.  However, she did not speak.

Happy shook his head, stopping Natsu from continuing by floating in front of his face.  "You don't get it; baka Nat-zu!"

"Eh?  Then explain it me then if you're so certain I don't get it!"  Natsu exclaimed, annoyed.

"Though Lucy has power from Eames now since he's inside her body..."  Happy wondered is he should reply after all.  "...every minute is a minute of Lucy's life."

Silence spread into the air around them, and Natsu's eyes widened.  Erza also looked surprised, however her injuries prevented her from voicing her opinion.

Natsu pretty much covered her opinion, however.  "W-What?!  How could you let Lucy do something so stupid?!  She shouldn't have gone and..."  He wandered off, thinking that the seconds he spent right now speaking was the seconds Lucy lost to her precious life span.

"That's why we have to hurry and meet Lisanna back where we first entered the base!"  Happy urged.  "Natsu, don't go fighting!  It'll only disrupt everything, and I don't want Lucy dying anymore than she's fated to!  Besides, you don't have enough of your magic back to fight any of the member of Nine Demon Gates!"

It went against every fiber of his being, but Natsu realized that if he stalled for even a moment, Lucy's life was the thing that paid the price.  So, growling low in his throat in frustration, he nodded, his eyes angry.  "Fine.  But if I have to, I will burn any of these members to a crisp!"