New Beginnings and Smiles

"Hey loser you need a lift?" I heard Kade call out as he was jogging down to his car from his porch.

It had been a week since the episode at the grave yard and we were slowly getting back to how we used to be, which thankfully was a huge comfort to me. He ate lunch with me a few times last week and sat next to me in class, it was just like it was except a lot less flirting. 

"Oh, uh sure if you don't mind?" I said throwing my keys in my bag and walking over to the passenger side of his car. 

"It's cool, I'm finally allowed to drive again." He grinned holding up his keys making me laugh.

"Well thank God I bet it was horrible being chauffeured around every day." Winking he started the car. 

"You know I love the attention." He joked making me roll my eyes.

"Don't need to tell me that Stone I think I know." He laughed at me as we turned right pulling into the school.

"So how are finals going for you?" He asked making me sigh.

"My last one is today and I just don't think I'm ready but I guess I'll see, what about you?" I asked tucking some hair behind my ear.

"Yeah same I have one this afternoon." He said before shrugging. "I'm sure I'll do fine, I had a lot of time to study in that hospital and my time off." I nodded and looked over at him.

"We'll be fine." I said getting out of his car and looking at the school with a deep breath I looked back at him over my shoulder.

"Good luck!" I called before walking into the school straight for my locker, looking around I saw all the Senior's with grim looks on their faces and internally sighed knowing we were all going through the same thing. After the long day I found myself looking for Kade over the heads of students all bustling around trying to get out of school. 

Having no luck I headed to my locker instead and smiled to myself when I saw him leaning against it with a cocky smirk on his face. 

"Totally nailed that exam." He stated once he noticed me.

"Oh really? Someone's confident." I teased nudging him slightly to get to my locker. 

"I'm always confident, speaking of, seeing as I drove you here this morning do you want a ride home?" He asked as I shoved some books in my bag. 

"Sure thanks." I said before following him down the hall. "So I was thinking, why don't we go to Mo's? We can catch up with Oscar and celebrate the end of finals with a milkshake?" I suggested looking up at him and he grinned down at me.

"You asking me on a date Dawson?" He teased making me scoff and roll my eyes but still laugh.

"Please I would never! It was just a suggestion, take it or leave it Stone." I said with a smirk and he laughed out loud.

"I think I'll take it, it's not everyday you get asked out by Nora Dawson." He teased making me slap his shoulder.

***

Just some Kora fluff for youuuu.