Hospital Rooms & Apologies

"All in all, he's going to be okay. After a lot of rest, and some stitches he'll be fine in a few days." The doctor informed me as I sat in the waiting room with Kade's mom and Oscar. 

Oscar had filled me in mostly on the gang, and everything that Kade has been through this past year but once I knew he was okay it was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I was a crying mess when we brought him in a few hours ago and his mom almost fainted when she saw him, it was hard for me getting so close to him in such a small space of time.

"Darling, go home, get some rest he'll be just fine." Ms Stone told me once she'd been in and seen him, I told her already that I didn't have the heart to see him just yet.

"Okay, as long as you'll be okay on your own?" I said after she'd hugged me, tears welled up in her eyes and she gripped my hands. 

"You are honestly the best thing that ever happened to that boy." Her words made my heart break. "I promise Nora, since you were little, you make him want to be better. I know it's hard to tell sometimes but I'm his mother,  I know when he's trying and when he isn't." Giving her a watery smile I hugged her again and she promised to call me when he was awake. 

Getting home was a blur and Julia was home worrying about Kade, and me but once I made my official statement to the police I was fine.

I'm fine

Compared to Kade. 

He was stabbed. 

And shot

Oh God stop crying he's fine. 

Maybe I should go and see him in hospital when he's awake. I don't want him to think I don't care, sure I'm beyond upset about what happened with Marlene but now I've seen the consequences, I know why he did it. 

He'd rather himself get stabbed and shot, than me, because these people are ruthless and would have stopped at nothing to bring Kade down and they have. I need him to know that I know and the sooner he wakes up the better. I can confess everything, I can try and tell him how I feel, maybe. I'm not that confident, and yes he didn't want me to get hurt but I can't just assume it's because he's in love with me, this is all a lot bigger than me. 

He was involved with the police and helping them, Officer Miles, his daughter...

This is a whole lot more than I can handle.

 ***

School was hell, everyone saw the live coverage on the news of the event and all day I just heard all the girls gushing about how brave and strong he must of been to go through that. Well if you think so why don't you go and see him lying in the hospital bed and barely holding on and then get back to me about how this is all being made into some kind of TV drama. 

Ellis came up to me at lunch on Tuesday and asked how he was, Marlene was crying with 'worry' on Wednesday even though she hasn't even been to see him and I was ready to walk out of English on Thursday because Lillian Jones couldn't get over how 'hot' it was that bad boy Kade Stone was part of an elaborate drugs bust. 

On Thursday night I was sat in my room staring intently at my phone just like I had since I came home Saturday night from the hospital. Deciding it won't make anything happen any quicker by staring at my phone so I jumped in the shower to get ready for bed, whilst in the shower I washed my hair and stood in there for a while making sure I forgot all about the stupid girls in school so I was ready to do it all over again tomorrow. Drying my hair I just let it fall into it's natural curls hoping it won't look awful tomorrow for school.

Not that I cared, Kade won't be there. 

Once in my leggings and tee shirt I checked my phone and saw a missed call from Diana. My heart leaped out of my chest as I called her back, how could I miss it?