When Alexander leans back, he puts his hands on his hips, bringing my attention back to his chest. My mouth gets dry. I want to touch and lick every tattoo he has ... and he's got a lot of them ...

I bring my hand on my forehead, barely stopping myself from slapping my own cheek.

"You think?" Alexander questions. "You know ... the offer still stands." He steps aside and makes a gesture with his hand, inviting me in.

I groan out loud and turn away and then almost run to my room before it's too late and I really do something stupid.

What in the whole world was that?

I try to take my breathing under control and head towards the bathroom. I don't dare to look myself in the mirror because, frankly, I'm kind of afraid what I'll see in the mirror. I head straight for the shower, turning on the water.

And there's a reason I shower with water that's a little colder today than any other day.

•••

Amelia is sick. She's grumpy because she can't do anything. She has a high fever and is completely without an appetite. Rosalyn tried calling to work, seeing if she could stay at home with her daughter, but she apparently can't for some reason.

She wasn't keen on leaving her sick daughter, even though I knew she trusted me. Although I was afraid to be alone with her because I didn't have any slightest idea what to do with a sick child, especially when she can't play around and needs to rest as much as she can. I don't think resting is in Amelia's vocabulary, so she doesn't accept it lightly.

Rosalyn tells me to call her if it gets worse with her. She told me she gave her a syrup for fever and if it doesn't go down, I have to give it to her again in four hours.

I'm totally freaking out by this. I can't even take care of myself when I'm sick!

But I'm paid now to do that, so I carefully listen to Rosalyn's words.

When she leaves, I ask Rosanna if she can make chicken soup. I heard that helps sometimes.

And then I spend basically the whole day in bed with Amelia. We watch cartoons on a tablet, I read her fairytales or we just talk. But she's not herself and that is clear as a day.

She also sleeps a lot. And when I check her fever after four hours when she should get syrup again, I see it's gotten down a bit, but not much. I give her the syrup.

Rosanna wasn't in the house the whole day - she had other obligations, so it was just on me how I took care of Amelia and I was afraid there would suddenly happen something that I wouldn't know how to help her.

But, thankfully, the day passed without any complications. And Rosalyn came home a bit early. Even Alfred rushed home to his daughter as soon as he could and Amelia's parents both showered her with love.

In the evening, Amelia was feeling so much better that she could come down to the dinner with us. She was unusually quiet - unusually because we just weren't used to the silence on her part and it was a new thing.

And in the middle of the dinner, Alexander decided to bless us with his presence. I kind of wish he didn't. Because as soon as my eyes landed on him and he gave me that secretive stare, I blushed so hard I thought I'd put the table on fire because of how hot my body became.

I still can't believe what happened just this morning.

What happened to him to act this way towards me suddenly? What provoked his sudden change?

Alexander throws his motorcycle keys on the table and sits down - dressed in all black, of course, only his T-shirt is white. And it looks delicious in contrast to all his dark clothes.

A Taste of Sin (Sin #1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara