My hormones are already crawling out of their sleep haze, stretching up, shaking their hips a bit, reminding me that I'm still a girl with a hot guy standing right before me. Pressed right against me.

"You thought wrong," I say dryly, my lie rolling from my tongue perfectly, although I want to lick every inch of his hot skin on display.

Jesus Christ.

I need that second cup of coffee.

I turn back around and brush against his body, making us both freeze.

Please, move away before I jump on you and embarrass both of us.

When I lean forward a bit to pour the fresh, hot coffee in my cup, Alexander hisses behind me, squeezing my hip again.

He leans forward so his whole body is pressed against mine, from head to toe, and presses his lips right against my ear. "No lace panties today?"

I spill some of the coffee.

I realise (too late) that I'm only wearing a long shirt and knickers and, apparently, when I lean forward, it rises up. I need to remember that. I stand up straight now, tugging the shirt down in discomfort.

I don't know what game is Alexander playing, but I really want him to stop and just leave me alone if he's joking around. I really can't let myself get hurt by him again.

"Move away, Alexander. Honestly, just go and leave me alone," I grit out through my teeth, my hands gripping the counter so hard it starts to hurt.

"Maybe if you give me a kiss?"

What the hell? Is this funny to him? Is he making fun of me? For whatever sick reason he may have?

"No," I say adamantly, staring straight forward, trying to keep my ground. "You can go kiss that girl that was all too happy to be kissed by you last night," I snort. I can't keep the sarcasm out of my voice, too.

Alexander suddenly turns me around. I gasp and lean back, as far away as I can to get away from him – and his magnificent chest. The ground between my feet seems to shake as I look into his Alexander's brown eyes.

I've never seen a more beautiful colour of eyes in my life.

"You think I kissed her?" Alexander suddenly says. When I try to look away, he grips my chin and forces me to keep my eyes right on his. "You thought I kissed her just after I was having you in my arms for hours?" His voice is getting incredulous. "While I still had your smell all over me?"

"I don't fucking know!" I shout. "Some girls get off on that. And it sure looked like a make-out session to me. But what do I care?" I manage a forced smile just to see his face fall.

He doesn't look all that confident now. But then, just as fast, a small smile lazily appears on his lips, distracting me. I flush at the memories of how soft they feel ...

Stop. You're ridiculous.

"You were jealous?" He asks it with a small, hopeful voice, like a small kid asking about a treat.

I roll my eyes, trying to appear like this doesn't bother me at all and I'm only annoyed by everything. "Of course I was," I say sarcastically. Although not much sarcasm is needed here. "And what reason do I have to be jealous?" I ask him sweetly.

And then Alexander puts his hands on the counter on either side of my body, caging me in so I can't go anywhere. "You tell me?" he breathes.

It's distracting. He's distracting with his almost naked body in front of me, his hair deliciously dishevelled and his eyes shining in nothing but danger. In a good way.