Regret

Wilkes and Jerry looked at each other surprised then looked at Morris and said at unanimously "It's not your fault" Wilkes then added "I would have waited till the ends of this planet, for you, you saved my life back then and when someone saves my life I stay with them till I believe I have made up my debt whether it ends my life or not!" Morris then looked at Wilkes and said " Wilkes you have become like family to me and I must tell you that you have paid back your debt I swear ten times over. Please brother, please go and live your life and make a family." Wilkes looked down somberly and Morris could swear he saw blood teardrops. Morris realized something must have happened before that Wilkes didn't tell him and it caused great worry to wash over Morris. Morris looked at Wilkes and hugged him out of nowhere and said: "It's obvious you didn't tell me everything and I didn't expect you to but whatever happened we can work together to make better." Wilkes looked up at him after he stopped crying and said "We can't bring back my whole race.... or fix that I'm infertile and have been my whole life. I had a wife down there and we tried for years before being told I was." Morris looked at Wilkes shocked and sad then started talking "I... I'm sorry maybe if we go to a doctor...." Wilkes interrupts "I went to one before my species went extinct they said my tubes were twisted and that they couldn't fix them because of the extent of twist." Morris looks down feeling powerless to help his friend just like when his squad was killed. "May.... maybe our doctor's can help! We might have something new that can help you and fix it!?" Wilkes looks up at him with big eyes and his lips part as he slowly says " we... went... and... asked... your... doctors... before you woke... they said... they couldn't... that it... was too risky!" Wilkes starts crying again and just sits there crying into Morris hug as Morris thinks and lets his mind wonder trying to figure out what to do. How to help his friend. He then realized that because of him being in the coma his squad hasn't been avenged, his friends had been waiting painfully long, Wilkes hasn't been able to try to fix his species issue, and Morris's love had died for nothing. He looked down at Wilkes realizing he needed to fix that but wanted to let Wilkes let out all his stress and sadness before asking how he could help, but until then Morris needed to start planning his revenge and had to find out who is still around to help Wilkes. Morris waited while rubbing Wilkes back to try and help him calm down, as grief overcame him as well. He started crying with Wilkes realizing all the things he caused inadvertently. They cried together for twenty-three minutes then Morris and Wilkes looked at each other realizing that they had cried so much they were dehydrated.