(23) I Want To Do Real Bad Things With You

Start from the beginning

“Okay, you’re right,” Drake agreed, handing me a clean bandage from the medical kit.

“We should go to the hospital tomorrow so that they can look at it,” I said as I slowly bandaged his hand. The bruises will go away but I was worried that he damaged something on the inside.

“Okay,” Drake agreed again making me feel slightly better.

“So you’ll go?” I questioned, not quite believing him, he is usually so stubborn when it comes to things like that.

“I’ll do anything for you,” he replied, the corner of his mouth turning up into that smile that I love so much.

“Then you won’t argue if I tell you to get some sleep now,” I replied, returning his smile. He looks so tired and I know it’s because of me. He is so worried and I feel incredibly guilty for putting him through all of this. 

“Only if you try to get some too,” he replied taking my hand into his bandaged one. I can’t. I want to. I’m tired as hell and I’m struggling to think straight but I can’t.

“I’ll try,” I lied, knowing that it is the only way he would agree.

“Will you sleep with me tonight?” Drake asked, his voice nervous. He is probably worried that I will reject him since I’ve been pushing him away when it came to sleeping.  I don’t want to anymore though, I want to be in his arms and since I’m not planning on sleeping I couldn’t help but give into my need for him.

“Yea,” was all I could say but it was enough to bring back the smile to his face.

Drake’s POV 

I thought Jace would refuse to sleep with me but to my surprise he agreed, giving me a little bit of hope. I know that he’s been having trouble sleeping so I am hoping that it would help if I held him or at least laid close to him. I had on a pair of comfy jeans and a tee shirt so I didn’t even bother changing, instead I climbed in beneath the sheets and watched as Jace hesitantly did the same.

I am not sure why he is so afraid to sleep with me. I wish he would tell me but I didn’t want to pressure him too much. He’s already opened up to me a lot today and I am thankful for that. 

I laid down, watching Jace carefully as he turned to face me.  It looked like he wanted to say something but instead he looked away and then turned around, laying with his back to me. My heart ached and I had to remind myself that we were making progress. He was sleeping in our bed with me and I should be thankful for that.

Not one of us spoke again. I didn’t want to keep him awake but refused to sleep. I had to make sure he is okay. I couldn’t tell if he was sleeping though, he seemed oddly at peace as he laid there which made me think that he was awake. I didn’t want to ask though, in case he was sleeping and I woke him. 

I wanted to wrap my arms around him so badly but didn’t dare. I miss the feel of his lips on mine and the touch of his hands on my skin but now is not the time for such things, no matter how badly I wanted them.

A long time passed as we laid there but I knew immediately when Jace started falling asleep because he started twitching. I didn’t like it and I had no idea how to make it better. I was still contemplating what to do when Jace jerked up with a loud moan jumped out of the bed. 

It all happened so fast and for a moment I couldn’t move as I watched him stumble the few spaces from the bed to the wall. He turned his back to it and laid against it for support, his eyes searching the room as he hyperventilated.

I had no idea what was going on but I knew he needed me so I jumped out of the bed and ran to him.

“Jace… look at me,” I half demanded, half pleaded as his eyes darted around frantically and his breathing grew even more labored. Fuck.