What You Want, What You Need (Chapter 10)

(Josh's P.O.V)

I can't take this anymore. I need to know what what was bothering Lexi yesterday. I decided to go down to her apartment at about 1:00 p.m. to see if I could talk to her. I could barely sleep last night knowing something was upsetting her. She's my best friend, and nobody wants to see their best friend in a bad mood.

"Hello?" I said while walking into Lexi's apartment. I found her in a comfortable position on her couch watching (what I think was) Criminal Minds. Her straghit black hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she was wearing those black booty shorts and a baggy gray sweater.

"Hey, Josh. What's up?" she said in a tired tone.

I walked over to the couch and sat beside her. "Nothing much. Just wanted to talk."

"Talk? You know you have a phone right?" she laughed.

"Yeah, but what's the point of using it when you're right downstairs?"

Lexi just laughed again, shook her head and stared back at the T.V. screen. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Why were you so upset yesterday at the bar?" 

"Oh, that? It was nothing, I was just drunk."

"What? Really?" 

"Yeah."

"If that's true, I want the 2 hours I lost from my sleep back. I couldn't sleep because I couldn't stop thinking if you were okay or not."

Lexi smiled and hugged me. "Aw, aren't you sweet?

I just laughed and hugged her back. "Yeah, maybe too sweet."

Lexi let go and got up from the couch, then made her way to the kitchen. "Are you going to the studio today?"

"Yeah, wanna come?"

"Yes please. I have nothing to do today." Lexi opened her fridge and pulled out some bread and eggs. "I'm making french toast, do you want any?"

"No thanks, I already had breakfast and lunch. Don't need any brunch."

Lexi just giggled. "God, you're lame."

I got up from the couch and walked over to her. I stood behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist, resting my head on her shoulder. I don't know why I did this, but something about it felt really...right.

"Um... what're you doing?" she asked, obviously confused.

"I don't know, I just thought this would feel good. Why, want me to let go?"

"No, that's alright. You don't have to if you're comfortable."

I have no idea why, but I feel the urge to just kiss her. For some reason I wanted to place my lips on the nape of her neck and listen to her moan, then turn her around, lift her on top of the counter and start to-

Stop. I thought to myself. Just stop it, Josh. You're probably just sexually frustraded because you don't have Amanda anymore. Lexi's your best friend. Stop it.

"How long does making french toast take?" I asked.

"Not to long. I'm only making one, so maybe about 15 minutes." 

"Alright, I can stand like this for 15 minutes."  I said with a smile.

Lexi actually finished in about 10, and when she was finished she didn't bother to stay and eat it.

"I'll hurry up and get changed and I'll just eat the french toast in the car." she said, then quickly walked to her room to change. When she came out, she grabbed the french toast, poured some syrup on it, put it in a container, grabbed a can of Pepsi and left the apartment with me.