What You Want, What You Need (Chapter 4)

(Brett’s P.O.V)

I walked back in with Lexi to see Ashley still flirting with Josh. She asked him a few questions about Ever After but it was obvious that she didn’t care. She just wants him to be interested in her. She’s wasting her time though because he has Amanda. Her and Josh are so in love it kinda sickens me sometimes, but they’re meant for each other. I wish she could see that and move on to someone else. Someone like me...

I had to talk to her, but I had no idea what to say. “So Ashley..uh... do you have a,uh, pet?” What the fuck? A pet? That’s the best I could come up with?

“Uh, yeah, a dog.” She was confused and annoyed, I could tell by the look on her face. She doesn’t want to talk to anyone else but Josh so this is gunna be hard. I turned towards Lexi who was giving me a questioning gaze.

“What?” she mouthed to me. I shrugged and shook my head.

“I don’t know.” I mouthed back.

As I did, Josh’s cell rang and Lexi did a little dance to his ringtone, Another One Bites the Dust by Queen. When he answered, I laughed at Lexi who made a little pouty face it was finished.

“Hello? Hey baby.” Obviously it had to be Amanda.I noticed Ashley roll her eyes when he said “baby” because she also knew who he was talking to. “I’d love to, but I’m at work. Sure you can come over here, you’re always welcome. Okay, see ya soon. Love you.” He hung up and placed is Torch on his lap, and Ashley gave a fake smile. And yes, I can tell whether a smile is fake or not. It’s ‘cause I’m awesome, bitches.

“Was that your girlfriend?” the fake kindness in Ashley’s voice was so noticeable that I bet even Matt heard it, and Matt can be pretty slow sometimes.

“Yeah, she’s gunna be here in a few minutes.” Josh got up from the couch, opened the box of Coke Zero and took out a can.

“Addicted.” Lexi said through a fake cough. Josh walked over to her and messed up her hair, causing her to giggle and slap his arm.

“Ouch! A little violent today, are we?”

Lexi pointed towards her straight jet black hair that was a bit longer than shoulder length. “It took me forever to straighten this, asshole.”

“Whatever.” was Josh’s only reply and he messed it up again. “I gotta go mix a song. Tell me when Amanda gets here, okay Matt?”

“Definitely.” Matt nodded.

“Awesome.” Josh said, and then walked into the studio.

“So...what does she look like?” Ashley asked, but to no one in particular.

“Who?” Matt asked.

“Amanda. What does she look like?”

“Oh..uh..she, uh,” Oh Matt and his awkwardness. “has blonde hair and blue eyes, a few inches shorter than Josh, le-”

“Is she really pretty?”Ashley interrupted.

“Gorgeous.” I answered, but a bit too quickly. “Just sayin’”

“So he’s got a thing for blondes?” Ashley said it like a question, but I knew it was a statement. Or more like an assumption.

“If by 'blondes’ you mean 'sweet, kind, funny, smart and amazing girls’ then yes, he has a thing for blondes.” I replied.

“She’s also got awesome laser tag skillage.” Matt added, and it was true. Out of all the people we play with, she’s the one that tags me the most.