The Death of King Moron and The Bullying of Hitomi Narukami

Start from the beginning

I flinched at Nise's words and lowered my head slightly, muttering, "It has to be...!"

"If it had to be, then why is King Moron dead?!" Hanamura snapped, causing me to flinch. I felt my eyes begin to sting, my heart throbbing painfully; causing me to tightly close my eyes.

"...I'm sorry, but I don't know" I replied.

I was just as confused as everyone else. It had been raining for the past three months and I have been keeping watch on the Midnight Channel all of those nights. No one appeared, like the others had said. So why... Why did Morooka die? Sure, he might not have been the kindest soul, but... No one, no matter how bad of a person they seem, shouldn't be killed in such a way. The only theory I have at the moment in regards to what's going on is that this was a copycat killing case. It's not related at all to the T.V world... But I can't prove that any without any evidence.

"...Hey, bruh- it's my bad. Sorry" I heard Hanamura say, the soft touch of someone- most likely Yukiko- patting my head, catching my attention. Opening my eyes, I looked up to Hanamura as he continued, "This is getting way bigger than us. If the cops can't nab this guy, why the hell did we think we could?" I flinched in surprise at Hanamura's words.

"Whoa, what're you saying?" Kanji began, catching our attention. "We started this thing 'cause the police can't tell their asses from their elbows. Yeah, we been outsmarted so far. But this killer is still runnin' around our town! We give up now, and that shithead's gonna be on the loose forever. So what, you gonna puss out?! This ain't the time for bitching and moaning... We just gotta keep on keepin' on!"

No one said anything back to Kanji's speech, their faces sinking. I closed my eyes firmly, and inhaled through my nose. Of course not... not me anyways. But there will be times when we might lose hope... But like Kanji said- the killer is still running around Inaba. It might not be my town, but it is most certainly an important town to me. It is the town where I have made friends and felt more alive in such a long time. I want it to stay that way as long as I am here.

Suddenly, the sound of a bowl was placed down in front of me, snapping me out of my thoughts and opened my eyes. I looked down in front of me and saw an extremely large white bowl filled with meat and an egg on top of it.

"Huh?!" Hanamura exclaimed, surprised by the bowl of meat in front of me. I looked up over at Aika, who had been helping the chef cook, just in time to see Aika pick up another bowl of meat and hand it to Kanji.

"I don't think of any of us actually ordered this...!" Hanamura pointed out as Aika gave a bowl of meat to him and Yukiko. Aika didn't say anything for a moment as she picked up another bowl from the counter.

"It's on the house" Aika began as she walked over to Nise. "We usually only offer this to customers on rainy days, but..." I gasped softly in realization, sudden realization coming to me.

"Wait, that's...?!" I gasped, taking a gulp. "It takes understanding to accept it as a whole, knowledge to set the proper pace, courage to attack the mountain of meat and dedication to keep on eating! All these skills are needed to finish off the MEGA BEEF BOWL!"

There was a moment of silence, which was shortly broken by Hanamura who simply muttered in question, "...what?"

I felt my face heat up in embarrassment as I looked up at him, explaining, "Kou-chan told me about it once after I was helping the basketball train with their new recruits. I've wanted to try it ever since, to be honest."

"Well, thanks, but..." Yukiko began, chuckling a bit; presumably at me. "What's the occasion?"

"Eat it before it gets cold" Aika said simply before walking off to the back.