I glare at her, “Fine. Have a nice day with your ripper boyfriend.” I storm out of the basement and up the stairs till I can breathe again. I slam the basement door shut and lean against it. 

I didn’t think Elena knew about my feelings for Damon. I was hoping she would accept them… maybe she’s just grouchy because she got no sleep. 

I walk into the living room and find Damon messing with the thing Pearl gave him. Apparently last night Anna and Pearl stopped by giving him some weapon my ancestor John Gilbert made.

“Have you figured out what that is yet?” I ask. 

“Nope, whatever it is, it doesn’t work.” Damon says looking at the weird contraption thing in his hands. 

“Pearl didn’t say anything else about it?” I question.

“She thought she was stealing his vampire compass, thought it was a pocket watch. That Jonathan Gilbert was a crazy scientist.” I laugh a little and sit down on the couch. “Have you spoken to your uncle lately?” Damon asks turning around. 

“Ugh, no. I never speak to him, if you haven’t realized he’s a total ass. Plus I’ve been here most nights.” I tell him. 

“So you’ll be here tonight again?” Damon almost groans. 

“Yup, hope it’s not a problem.” I smirk. 

“It is, you’re a complete nuisance.” Damon teases turning around. 

“Whatever.” I smile, “I’ll see you later, I need to go back to my house and grab a few things.” Damon distractedly nods still looking at the device. I laugh and shake my head heading out the door. 

————————————

“Ugh, where are you?!” I yell to myself trying to fine my headphones. I have been looking for them for the past hour. If Jeremy or Elena took them I will kill them. Slowly. 

I jump about 10 feet in the air when my phone starts ringing. I run over to my dresser and look at the caller ID. Damon. 

“What.” I snap into the phone. 

“Do you want to make a trip to Grove-hill with me and Ric?” Damon asks. 

“Why?” I question slowly. 

“Do you want to or not?” he repeats himself not giving me any details. 

“Fine, might as well.” I sigh hoping I’m not going to get killed on this little road trip. You never know with Damon. 

“Good, we’ll be there soon. Be ready.” he says before hanging up the phone. I sigh and set the phone down. I look up and gasp when I see John standing in front of me. 

“Why are you in my room stalker?! You scared the crap out of me.” I glare. 

“I thought we could talk, we haven’t had a chance to catch up.” he says walking into my room. 

“I’m leaving so…no.” I smirk and start to walk out the door but he catches me. I try to pull away from him but he has a tight grip on my arm. It kind of hurts. 

“It won’t take long, Aria.” he glares releasing my arm. 

“What is it that you want to talk about?” I ask glaring right back at him. 

“I know you know.” he picks up the photo of my parents. I want to snatch it out of his hands. I can’t believe this man is my Dad’s brother. They are nothing alike.