16

Jungkook was on his shift, and he was concentrating on whether he should eat ramen or rice tonight, when he heard his phone beeping.

Soyeon : Are you free on Saturday?

JK: Yes, why ?

Soyeon : Great ! Keep it free, we'll be going on a date.

JK : Okay

"So who is Soyeon?" Jin asked while standing just behind the younger, making him gasp.

"Hyung ! Don't scare me like that !"

"Well forgive me, but answer my question,"

Jungkook bit nervously his lower lip and looked away.

"My girlfriend..."

Jin frowned him with his lips pursed.

"Girlfriend ?"

Jungkook nodded and Jin can't help but stare at him suspiciously.

"And what about Taehyung ?"

Just at the mention of his name, Jungkook felt anger stirring inside him. But, weirdly, it was mixed with some nostalgic feeling.

"I don't care about him,"

Jungkook was about to walk away but Jin held him back and made him face him, looking straight into his eyes.

"Jungkook, I already told you, stop lying to yourself,"

Jungkook shoved Jin's hand resting on his shoulder and started walking towards the staff room with Jin trailing behind him.

"You need to realise your feelings and you'll-"

"I am dating Soyeon right now and I don't have any kind of feelings,"

Jin sighed in defeat and started removing his apron when they heard people coming in the shop, that's when also they realised they forgot to put up the "closed" board. Jungkook, who was still in his working clothes, exited the staff room and was about to announce the closure of the shop when his eyes landed on a group of familiar people.

"Hey Jungkook!" Jimin shouted while jumping on him.

The latter stepped back and started at them with no expression.

"The shop is about to close", he said.

"We will leave quickly, we just need a few drinks," Namjoon informed while marching towards the drinks area.

Jungkook sighed and stood behind his counter, before him stood Jimin and Hoseok.

"Did you get a text from Taehyung?" Hoseok asked while scrolling trough his phone.

Jimin glanced at Jungkook before shaking his head left and right.

"3 weeks guys. 3 weeks since he is gone. He won't come back," Suga declared while leaning on the front door.

Jungkook tried his best to not listen to their conversation but it was a hard task to do. From their conversation, he heard that one morning, Taehyung left with no message or anything. No one knows about his whereabouts and his parents are dead worried for him.

Namjoon put on the counter three bottle of different alcohol, rum, vodka and whisky. Jungkook took the bottles one by one and scanned them, then announced the price. The older handed him a note and received his change.

"Anyway, I hope he is doing fine," Namjoon said to the boys before they all leave the shop.

That night, Jungkook kept on thinking and thinking about the older being gone for too long. He assured himself by telling that he might somewhere drinking and playing with the heart of a girl or of a boy. That's how he saw him and that will never change. Yet, he had this pressuring feeling growing inside him when he remembered that he would probably never see Taehyung.