Chapter 1

My long silky brown hair blew in the summer warm wind. We were driving down to my old place. Oh how my anxiety worked as we neared the place I left so long ago.

I sat in front with my father. My stuff had already been moved down there as what I've been told. I feel like I left a bag or two home though- by "accident..."

The radio was playing the old country songs I grew up on, how I missed the sweet smell of the freshly groomed grass, I've forgotten what it was like. We moved down in PEI (Prince Edward Island) and in some places- like where I lived, it was rare to ever smell the groomed grass... it makes you appreciate what you have.

And although I will most likely miss the beautiful people you meet down there and all my friends. I think it's time for a change.. again. And if I'm completely honest, I want to see how the people down at Jax are.. even the ones who bullied me.

I kinda miss em you know?

Haha, we both know that ain't why I'm so glad to get down there.. I want to rub it in there faces that I lost 290 pounds... I mean, I look great!

And yeah, I'm hoping to have alot of people apologize to me about how badly they treated me. And I still don't even know who took my picture! But once I get there, I'm going to act cool- or at least try to. I'm very socially awkward and shy.. and I also have to throw in clumsy...

Once I broke my foot getting off a 4 wheeler. I'm clumsy!

We neared the new home. My heart throbbed in my chest. I can't wait to see it! I was told it was huge and dad told me it had everything I wanted.. this will be awesome! He had some renovations done before we came here, so things are different.

He pulled into the driveway of a huge red house, it had two floors. I quickly get out of the car, fix my royal blue shorty shorts, tuck my white blouse into them- they were button up mom shorts.

I run inside of the house, it was cool. Perfect for summer. Outside would be beating hot and inside would be just right. As soon as I walked into the door, on either side of me were two doors and in front of me was a book shelf full of the books I've read. I love reading books.

I walk through the left door it leading to the kitchen, the kitchen looped around to the other door which was the living room, and where the two rooms connected was a stair case leading upstairs and downstairs.

I walk upstairs first, it led down a hallway with four doors, I assume this was where the bathroom and bedrooms were located. I enter the first door to the right, it leading to the bathroom. The bathroom was nice, it had marble flooring and marble walls. It was big enough to fit a stand up shower and a bath tub, there was a toilet and a sink. The usual essentials... and nothing was crowded.

I leave the bathroom and walk across the hall to the door on the opposite side. I open the door, there laid a beautiful bed. It had tan blankets laid down, there was a beautifully crafted wooden dresser with a mirror on the top of it. There was also a closet.

I leave the room and walk farther down the hall, I went to the next door that was to the right, I opened it. My eyes grew wide.

It was my room, I had a window seat with purple cushions, I also had window doors leading to a balcony, I had a king sized bed and beautifully crafted dressers and a huge walk in closet. I stood there stunned at my door, I had wooden floors and my walls were a light blue. I heard footsteps behind me, shaking the floor slightly. Than they stopped and I heard a small laugh from my father.

"I'm guessing you like it?" He laughs.

I shake my head still stunned not able to say anything. He pats my back and laughs.

"That's good."

He walks down across the hall to what I assume was his bedroom. Each and every belonging of mine was here. There's the jewelry box my mother had given me before she passed. And the small stuffed animal my dad bought me when I was getting my tonsils out.

Everything I owned was here.

I lay down on my bed. And tomorrow, I start school. The one I purposely left with everyone wondering where I had went.

This is the starting of a brand new me. A new style. A new life...

****
That was the first chapter of "Catching Her"

What do you guys and girls think so far?

-NC