"Okay." She said as she pulled her legs to her chest and wrapped her arms underneath her lower legs, hugging he thighs to herself. "My real name is Bailey. I am seventeen years old, living in Miami, Florida. I am a straight A student and am in line to be the valedictorian of my school. And I don't do anything sport related."

She trailed off there as I became curious at the fact that she didn't mention anything in the terms of friends or general acquaintances.

"And any friends? Family?" I asked after the curiosity became too much to bare.

"Can I trust you?" She asked me as she covered her face by placing it on her knees.

"Of course. Who is there that I can tell?" I said chuckling softly not letting the realisation that she is the only person other than KnightDemon who I have considered friends in my entire life.

"I am not the most social person outside of this game." She began as she hugged her legs tighter. "I don't really have friends and all the kids at school like to make fun of me. I don't even know what I did, but they don't seem to like me."

"I am in the same boat." I told her still chuckling. "Funny thing is that I also live in Miami and I have never seen you. But how would I. I was the outcast. The pathetic little brother of Gareth Walker, the football MVP. The basketball captain. My own family forgot my birthday, yet they remembered my brothers." I told her as I opened both my eyes to find her staring at me intently. "Did I mention that we're twins? We have the same birthday."

"Wait." She said as her head shot up. "You're Kai Walker. The boy who jumped off the roof." She said with a shocked tone. I was taken aback by what she had said. How does she know of my name? I know it must have been on the news sooner or later, but seriously?

"How do you know of me?" I asked as I stood up quickly casting a confused glare towards her.

"I went to school with you." She said stunned by her own revelation. "You were my competition to be valedictorian."

"Oh. I didn't know. I wasn't too focused on remembering those around me." I said as if I wanted to console her slightly. "I just wanted out of that school."

"I don't judge." She said softly. "It turns out that the school needed a new target after your... 'leave'" She said trying to soften what I actually did. "And that target became me."

"I'm sorry." I said almost feeling guilty of the situation. "I didn't know."

"It's funny really. No one battered an eye after what you did. Not even your brother." She said as she leaned back into the wall. "The only one who seemed to show any form of emotion towards what you did was that Amy girl that hung around Gareth." She added as she leaned her head back against the wall.

"I know." I told her, slightly confused at why Amy would be emotion. After all, now she didn't have to try so hard. She could be with my brother free and clear. "But it doesn't matter. I am here now and am still stuck until I get what I need to return."

"You're planning on returning?" She asked as she stood quickly. "Why? Why don't you just want to live here. Remain here."  Her voice was raising with every sentence.

"Because..." I began but trailed off. Something wanted to confess itself but I didn't know what. What is my subconscious hiding from me?

"Because What?" She shouted at me as she closed the difference between us. She looked up into my eyes and before I had the chance to stop myself I leaned down and pressed our lips together.

She seemed to be taken by surprise before she leaned into the kiss. To be honest, it was the greatest feeling I had ever known. Her soft lips caressing my own. I broke the kiss as we both stood there in silence breathing heavily.

"Because you are not here." I said softly as I caressed her cheeks in my hands.

"This is not possible." She said slowly opening her eyes. "This is just a game. You cannot kiss in a game. How is this happening?"

I chuckled softly pressing my lips to hers once more, pecking her softly. I let my gaze find hers as I smiled softly about to reveal information that she may not be ready to understand. 

"This isn't a game."

*****

Authors Note:

Hi All,

Given what I have had transpire above, I have opened a romantic influenced ending.

But I would like to hear your thoughts as to whether or not, it should end with a romantic influence or a more realistic/dramatic influence that may or may not contain some tragedy.

Please comment with your thoughts on the matter.

Thanks for reading so far,

Calob.