The Great Despair

Areum's POV

"Kids? Are you ready? Head down right now coz we will be going to the festival."

I looked at my outfit one last time and fixed my coat that went down til my knee. I paired it with a dress that reached my upper knee as I let my hair down.

I looked at Jiyoon as I smiled.

"Let's go"

We headed down as I saw the three of them. They were wearing jeans and different styles of shirts. They were all looking at me while smiling.

The moment I got down. Jiyoon suddenly left my side as she smirked at me. Jimin Jungkook and Taehyung on the other hand smiled at me as they accompanied me in the car.

Please be the right choice.

"Areum, let's go. The festival will start soon"

I heard aunty yell as I laughed at her. I made up my mind that the guy that will take care of me this night will be the guy I will choose, I can't help to feel guilty about the two other guys tho.

~~~~~~

"Gosh its freezing here"

I whispered the moment we got out off the car. Mom and Jiyoon's family are no where to be found. Gosh these people.

I was surprised as Taehyung removed his jacket and put it on me which left him with a sweater.

"You're so fragile."

"You judgemental jerk."

I rolled my eyes at him as I rubbed my two hands together until Taehyung sprung me around and made me face him. He then grabbed my hands and enveloped it with his.

"It would be my pleasure to protect you."

He whispered infront of me as my head is slightly tilted upwards while he still rubbed my hands together.

"Stop being cheesy"

I smiled at him teasingly as I blew on my hands.

"I'm just being honest."

He then chuckled and hugged me.

"No you're being cheesy."

I pulled off and looked at the people beside us. The place is decorated with different colors and lights. It looks like a park but a whole lot bigger. I looked at Taehyung once again as he gave a boxy smile. 1 point for you Taehyung. You were a friend I could ask for.

~~~~~~

I am now strolling around the food court. Don't blame me, its the only place where its less colder. I don't know where Taehyung is but I'm pretty sure he's enjoying the place.

I looked at the foods in front of me as I almost shrieked when a hand enveloped my body.

"Aww I found an angel lingering around the town."

Jimin said as he kissed my cheeks.

"Why are you suddenly so cheesy?"

"Becaude its the right moment to do so"

He smiled at me and pulled me in a street where many food stolls are placed.

"Try this"

He suddenly grabbed a deokboki in one of the stolls and placed it infront of my mouth.

"I'm not paying this right?"

He suddenly chuckled as he tapped my head.

"Just say Ahh.."

I opened my mouth as a splash of flavors appeared.

"Woah"

I said as a steam of smoke came out.

"Is it delicious"

I noded as I snatched the stick away from him and got another one.

"This is the most delicious deokbokki I ever tasted."

I said as I went on for another one. Jimin was just looking at me the whole time as he suddenly rubbed my cheeks while both of his palm.

"What are you doing"

"I know you're feeling cold I'm just warming you up."

He smiled as he hugged me again.

"I don't know what to do if I loose you. I'm prepared to loose everything but you."

Gosh this guy can really make me guilty. I'm sorry it is based on your actions. I hugged him back as he let go and I continued on eating.

~~~~~~
"Areum ah!"

I heard a shout behind me as Jungkook approached me. He was running towards me with a worried expression.

"Yah! Where have you been? I was about to go crazy finding you"

He held me cheeks and hugged me again. Nice three hugd in a row.

"Why are you so worried every time I disappear for just a short time? I'm fine"

I said while my head is tilted upwards then he let me go and faced me

"I can't help to think that in that short moment you can convince yourself on not going back. I'm afraid that, that short moment will turn into a lifetime. Don't do that again"

He hugged me once again as a flash of memories made its way into my mind. This guy has done so many things for me. It got to the extent where he pays for my food until he picks off roses with his bare hands. Can he really protect me?

~~~~~~

"Kids were going home."

I heard aunt Haesoo as she waved at us. I called the three jerks as we headed to our house. I was on the way to our car when I noticed that mom isn't with us anymore.

"Aunty? Where's mom?"

"Ahh dear she isn't feeling well earlier so she advanced to go home"

I noded. Did mom even had fun? I hope she's fine. The whole car ride was noisy as hell. They were all talking even the three.

The moment we got home, I quickly got to mom's room but before I could knock in her door, she opened it which revealed a worried look.

"Mom? Are you-"

"Honey, we need to go back to Seoul righy now. Its not safe for you."

She quickly exclaimed as she dragged me into my room

"Mom? What's happening? Mo-"

"Pack your things Areum. We need to go."

"Mom? Why?!"

"Listen to me!"

I looked at my mom's angry face as I sat down in my bed. It was the first time I saw her like that.

"I... uhh sorry honey. Please listen to me. Its for the best."

"Mom what's going on?"

I was so close to crying right now. I dont have no idea what's happening.

"Its your dad, he's-"

"Areum-ah! Your dad is here!"

The moment aunty Haesoo said that my mom's face looked really scared. What's happening?