The whole package

Chapter 1

                I think I must have tried on twenty pairs of jeans by now and none of them were what I’m looking for. I ‘m very picky and I wanted them to make my legs and butt look good but not so tight that I looked like a whore. I wanted my clothes to do the impossible, make me look gorgeous. Don’t get me wrong I’m not going on about how ugly I am when I’m secretly hot. I’m pretty, but not gorgeous. I’m your average height, thin with wavy long brown hair that fell to just above my ribs. I have large green eyes, full lips, and a small chest but I guess that come with being thin. I found one pair of jeans I liked and a nice shirt that I believed to be pretty flattering. I walk to the cashier and lay my clothes on the table and grab my wallet. I pay then leave to meet my parents. I’m shopping with my parents which most sophomores don’t do as far as I know, but my parents are fun and I really enjoy spending time with them. My mom’s the most caring and crazy woman I know while my Dads really smart and funny.

                I swerve through people till I get to the location I’m supposed to meet my parents. I sit on a bench and take out my phone to text my friends. I’m not super popular but I’m friendly with mostly everybody. My closes friends are Julia, Alyssa and Olivia; Julia and Alyssa go to my school but I’ve known Olivia the longest. Julia’s boyfriend Chad hangs out with us, and so does Matthew. Matthew is my ex-boyfriend that became my good friend after we broke up. Matthew and Chad are best friends so were kind of one big happy family.  Matthew’s texting me about random funny stuff to make me laugh and Julia’s texting me about Chad’s sister that she dislikes. Matthew wants to know if I can hang out later tonight. I text back “Yea I would love to hang”. My parents text me and let me know they will be here in a sec and mom bought another purse. I chuckle to myself at the mass amount of purses my mom has already bought from this mall. My phone vibrates in my hand with another text from Matthew that reads  “Well we can do that too lol”. I’m confused till I glance up to the text I just sent. The stupid autocorrect on my phone sent “Yea I would love to bang” instead of “yea I would love to hang”. My cheeks blush with embarrassment and a hand subconsciously flies to my mouth. What a perfect thing to send to my ex. I type back “My phone’s freaking retarded!!! I meant HANG! Lol, Kill me”  

                “Nelly!” my Dad shouts from behind me. I have a momentary heart attack and turn around and slap him on the chest.

                “You jerk face; I just had a heart attack.” I sit up and pull him towards the cheesecake factory, one of my Moms favorite restaurants. “Now you have to pay for dinner. Teach you to scare me.” He bumps me with his hip and sends me flying into another person walking by.

“Awww, I’m so sorry, I can’t believe I just hit you like that. Are you ok? ” I reach out and steady the woman I just about knocked down.

“Ha, no problem I’m fine.” The woman responds with a smile. I smile back then turn back to my dad and hit him with my shopping bag.

“You dill hole, I totally just knocked that lady over!” I screech

“Poetry in motion,” my dad replied sarcastically with a laugh. I can’t hide my smile and scoot into the booth where my mom is already seated.

“Wow mom, cutting down I see.” I joke gesturing to the four shopping bags I’m sitting next to on my seat.  She blushes slightly and grabs my one bag.

“Two things huh, Is that some kind of record, you can’t always be so picky. Everything looks good on you, why don’t you shop with others so they can tell you what looks good.” My mom smiles at me then glance at my dad. They start talking and I pull out my phone to respond to Matthew who said, “I just told chad what you sent me and he laughed so hard he hit his head on the dresser in my room. We always knew you still wanted me Lol jk. So chad leaves soon do you still want to HANG out tonight. What time is good for you?” I laugh in embarrassment then respond “Let me check with da parents then I will text you back.” I glance at the menu and decide what to order. My dad was telling mom about one of the patient he had. My dad was an emergency physician and likes to tell us about the “interesting” people he interacts with. This time an old lady with dementia punched him on the chest.