I

Burnt. The smell of burnt is all you can smell. Your eyes widen in concern as you see Mark is not in bed. You sit up and sprint out of bed and down the hall. The fire alarm is going off and you see Sean is trying to turn swat at it with a rag. He looks at you, a look of shock on his face. He stops you in your tracks, right at the end of the hall.

"Y/n, w-what are you doing up?" he asks, holding the rag behind him. He smiles a nervous smile.

"The house smells like burnt and the fire alarm is going off. Why wouldn't I be up?" you ask. He laughs a nervous laugh.

"There's nothing to worry about, y/n. This is all under control," he says.

"Every time you say something is, 'under control' it is never really under control. Move it," you demand. He chuckles and hugs you awkwardly. You pull away and sigh.

"Sean, move it," you say. You step around him and walk into the kitchen. You see Mark struggling to cook some Enchiladas. You clear your throat as you open the sliding doors to the backyard. Mark turns around, a nervous smile tugging at his lips.

"Happy birthday, my precious honeybun?" he says, starting the sentence bold but ending it as a question. You walk towards him, smiling at him. He puts his arms out, ready for a hug, but is left disappointed when you walk past him. You go to the stove, turning it off and remove the huge pan from the still-hot burner. You turn to Mark, with a smug smirk. He sighs.

You wrap your arms around Mark's torso as he wraps his around your waist. You reach up and kiss his lips softly for a couple seconds. The kiss didn't last long to get heated, so when you pulled away, Mark mutters something under his breath about teasing.

"Thank you for the birthday wishes. Now," you pause as you smile up at him. "What the hell is this mess?" you ask.

"I wanted to make you food, but it didn't work."

Mark pouts, his face looking down at you. You chuckle and rub his arm gently. He sighs and kisses you softly, almost as if wanting to stall something.

"This is nice, Mark. It really is. However, you didn't need to burn the house down for me and potentially jeopardize my life, or yours, or Jack's or Signe's," you say.

"I'm sorry, I just thought that maybe a home cooked meal would be nice," Mark says. You nod.

"And it would be, but not at this cost. I do appreciate it, though. I appreciate you. So with that being said, let's get ready and go to the beach. I have a 'my birthday surprise' for you guys," you say. Mark nods and grabs your hand, leading you to your now shared bedroom. You sigh in content.

You moved in with Mark, Signe, and Sean into a pretty decent sized house a year om your 19th birthday. That was a year ago, so basically, you're 20 now. Felix and Marzia moved to Brighton and you were nothing but happy for them. Sean and Signe really got attached to you and Mark and vice versa, so they decided to stay. Andy visits every once in a while. He no longer works at the hospital, and he's actually working for a higher degree. He also has a boyfriend, Chase.

You really like the life you're living and wouldn't have it any other way.

××

First chapter, how was that? Reminder: this will only be 10 chapters long, so 9 more to go.

How are you? How was your day? Anything fun/cool/exciting happen? Got any plans? Keep up with hygiene? Sleep well? Eat well?

My day has been pretty long. I had my niece and nephews over and that was fun. Thought we lost one of our dogs too, but fortunately we didn't. Fun fact:in my afternoon school that I've mentioned in this part of Drown, we we're working on our spring showcase project and guess who is in my group. My fūcking crush. It's like he gets stuck with me a lot and that's honestly funny. He got stuck with me on the first day of school, all of first semester, our winter showcase project, one of our interviews, and now our spring showcase project. That's fun. Anyways.

What have you been up to since the last time we've been here?

Rant here.

Fangirl here.

Favorite song atm?

Favorite show atm?

-didn't proofread.

$lanascoast$