Chapter 16

Hey guys, I am soooo sorry it took me fiveever to get this chapter done for you and uplaoded, but I finally did it. So enjoy. 

><><><><><

Master Belle stood up from his couch and looked around at his office. It looked as if a tornado just ripped through it leaving nothing but chaos in its wake. January stumbled out of his office and into the grand room. He made his way to the kitchen where Mary was already brewing a cup of coffee for him. 

He took the cup from her and took a small sip. “Thanks,” He muttered into the cup. Mary busied herself doing minuscule things to avoid eye contact with January. He acted as if he didn’t notice.

January Belle left the kitchen and went to the parlor room. He saw a young man with long black hair covered by a large hat and a black beard. The man sipped from his glass. Amber liquid slid down his throat. 

Master Belle stood in the doorway and cleared his throat to catch the young man’s attention. The boy turned his head towards Master Belle. The boy’s blue eyes lit up with familiarity. 

“Hey dad,” The guy greeted. His voice reminded him of his son. 

“August?” 

“Hi,” August stood up and walked over to his dad. Mr. Belle grabbed August into a long hug. August’s body went rigid, and he patted his father’s back. He never felt so uncomfortable. 

“That’s the kind of hug you give your father after not seeing him for almost a year?” 

“Sorry,” August replied before wrapping his arms completely around his father. 

Mr. Belle released his son from his arm cage and held his shoulders at arm’s length to imbibe this image of his son. He took in the changes in his eyes from the soft, delicate pastel blue, to a hard, dark blue. 

“My how you’ve changed. You’re drinking now?”

“Almost a year of no rules, you damn right I’m drinking.” August joked. 

“Watch that mouth, boy. You might’ve had a year with no rules, but you’re back. There are rules here.” January chided. 

“Sorry,” August mumbled. January sat down, and gestured for August to follow. August took the gesture. He took a cigar out of the box, and handed one to his son. He figured if his son was drinking; no wonder what else he could be up to. August declined the cigar. 

Mr. Belle lit his cigar and took a drag on the end. Smoke wafted out of his mouth as he smiled at his son. “My boy,” 

“My father,” 

“Where you been hiding out?” January asked.

“Here, there, everywhere,” August quipped. 

“Hmm,” His father sucked on his cigar again. 

“So you’re going to stay? Or are you going back to here, there and everywhere?”

“No, umm I actually came here to talk to you about a problem we both have. The variable is the same.”

“And what might that be?” 

“Helle,” August answered. 

Mr. Belle sat up in his chair. August just piqued his interest. “What about her?” He tried to play off.

“You and I both know she’s not here.” 

“And how would you know that?”

“Other than the fact that you just admitted it to me, news travels around here fast.” August paused to take a sly sip of liquor. “And, I’m the one that took her.”