Chapter23: Taking what is better

OLIVIA IS SITTING on the white, tiled floor here in the bathroom while I'm filling up the bathtub. After taking her rest, I decide to clean her, ready her for our dinner.

My eyes are locked upon this woman, scanning and observing her as she gawks to nowhere.

"Olivia?" I call, but to no avail.

Placing my hand on my left side, I stoop my head and massage my forehead. This woman never says anything after what happened down there. She is quite in silence, and the only sound that can be heard is the water as it flushes.

". . . I'll take your clothes off okay?" I continue when I step toward her.

Crouching down on my bended knees, I stroke her face, and wipe away the little amount of tears on the side of her eyes. Then, my hands slip downward to lift her T-shirt off and everything.

Surprisingly, she stays mute, letting me to remove them all.

"Olivia, please say something," I say when I finally toss her clothes in the laundry basket. "Please, I don't want us to be ruin-"

"You ruined me, Jared." Her voice is cracked and cold. I feel my mouth slightly agape in surprise, but I decide to ignore her to avoid arguments.

However, it is like a bullet hole in my chest.

As I stare at her, clearing my throat as well, I gently hold her on her arms. "Come on, I'll bathe you."

Olivia is in full view as I sit her in the bathtub. I grab the shower hose, and it gracefully flashes throughout her porcelain, and flawless skin which honestly let my mouth salivates.

"I'm sorry, Love," I mutter, "I didn't mean to hurt you that way. . . I swear."

"But you did," she answers me in a fragile voice, still not looking at me.

Shaking my head, I tilt to the other side to take the soap off its container. I gently rub her body through it, while making little distance away from her breasts. It is a real challenge to me. Nevertheless, I try my best to not do something stupid again.

As the water touches Olivia's forehead, the stained and dried blood have slowly washed away. I notice that her cracked skin reveals a pinkish flesh, and a sore skin around it. She twitches her face while hissing, and I wince.

"I'm sorry if I caused you so much pain, Olivia," I exclaim, rinsing her body. "You know, I always wanted to have a good life with you: to get married, and have children in the future, because I love you, I really do. You are the only woman I want to be with, to spend the rest of my life. Is that wrong?"

She gradually turns her head towards me and she blinks. Her lips turn up into a small smile,"I don't know what is right or wrong Jared. . ."

Olivia's bloodshot eyes start to leak; she looks so weak and melancholic the way she stares at me. "Was it right that I tried to join your company, or was it wrong that I let you to own me?"

My heart falls in my stomach.

"Don't confuse your thoughts, sweet heart," I answer, forcing a smile. "You know, the only person that matters to me is you, and you are the only right thing I ever made in my life- you are the right thing in my life. . . You are the best thing ever happened to me even though I know that I am the worst part ever crossed in you."

Her face gets twisted when her lips quivered; her chest moves upward and downward, and her eyes finally release those compiled crystals, letting them to slide down on her flushed cheekbones.

"Bullshit. . ." she replies when she covers her face through her trembling hands.

***