Chapter18: Queens shouldn't. . .

"OLIVIA?" Jared calls when he steps into the kitchen.

It's been one month now since I stayed with him; and everything between us seems to be so fine. Jared doesn't restrict me the way he did before. He lets me to wander inside the house and outside. But when it comes in going at the City, he prefers to come along with me especially when we buy groceries and other stuffs.

Little by little, I have been seeing his good sides. The old Jared is finally back when I let him to be part of my life. He's sweet and careful the way he used to be. Jared treats me as if I'm a queen; he's so responsible in everything; he never lets me down; he never hurts me for almost a month; he trusts me the way I trust him that he will never ever lay any harsh fingers on me.

I've started believing that he would never ever let me cry in pain again.

Tilting my head, I notice that he's already standing at the door, holding a chocolate box and a bouquet of flowers.

"What are those for?" I ask when I flick the faucet off, walking into his direction.

Jared makes a slight laughter and kisses me on my cheeks. "You forgot the date today? he asks when he firms his gaze upon me. "This is the time . . when I took you with me, remember?"

My eyes feels wider when those words invaded my ears. Everything back at that time. . . on how did I get in here. It's not that easy to live with Jared because he became cruel; but I have learned to relinquish especially when you do not know if you could still win the battle; but being so practical sometimes needed.

And I'm in that situation. . .

". . . this is for you," he says, extending out his arms.

"Oh, thank you, Jared."

"Do you want to go for a walk?"

"Hmm, I was about to prepare for our dinner."

Jared takes steps inches away from me and wraps his arms around my bottom; my weight elevates in the air, feeling the cold surface that merges onto my sweatpants to my flesh when I land onto the kitchen counter.

"That's kind of a. . ." His brows gets furrowed, but Jared's lips are twitching into a smile. "Sweet. . . you're so sweet, Love." He then captures my hand, pressing his mouth on the back of it; eyes are still locked upon me. "Let's go in an amusement park, shall we?"

Making a barely smile, I pull it off and put my trembling hand on his face, slowly caressing his cheek. It is little uneasy. . . actually. . . trying to make affections toward my captor. . . sometimes I wonder what is act only and care.

It is quite frightening.

"Sure."

"This is like the old times," Jared says when we buy food and beverages. We're sitting on the bench which is nearby the bright ferris wheel; it is the same place where everything had started.

I smile, biting the burger. "Yes, I wonder why you chose this place."

Jared turns his head toward me with a twitching lips into a wide and loving curve. "Because, this is the place where we first laughed together."

"When you soothed the pain that tempted to envelop me? which was caused by them?"

"When they had chosen to play with your feelings too. . ." he trails off; Jared looks forward. "I remember that. . . and whenever it crosses in my mind, I can't help but to feel hatred on them."

"But they're gone now."

"They deserved it, it's their fault."

The way he says that makes my every thoughts run in my head. I notice Jared's expression becomes serious as he gawks nowhere; his eyes suddenly grow wider, resembling to somewhat dangerous. . .