Chapter 24

(⬆Victoria's outfit⬆)

"Mija, you look fine. Stop worrying," Daddy assured me for the tenth time. "She's going to love you."

"I'm nervous," I said.

"We can tell," Mike said from the couch with Tia Alysha lying on his lap. "I swear, women."

"Mike, shut the fuck up. You have no idea how hard it is for girls to get ready. Until you grow a pear of breasts and a vagina, I don't want to hear anything come out of your mouth," Tía Alysha said. "Victoria, don't listen to your uncle. Your look beautiful. Micaela will love it."

I smiled and looked down at my dress. The doorbell and I watched Tony go answer the door. "Victoria, your girlfriend's here," he joked.

I smoothed out the creases and walked over to the door, ignoring the pounding of my chest. Micaela was standing outfit the door, a bouquet of roses in hand. She looked at me and smiled. "You look amazing," she said, handing me my roses. "For you, mi reina (my queen)."

"Gracias, mi caballera (Thank you, my knight)," I said. "Shall we go now?"

"Ah ah ah! Not so fast, mija," dad said. I pouted at batted my eyelashes at him. "I want you back no later than ten-thirty, in one piece. And absolutely no sticking your tongues down each other throats-"

"Daddy, stop!" I interrupted him, my face in my hand to hide my burning face. "We get it! No kissing! Can we leave now?"

"Just setting up boundaries for my little princess," he said, kissing my cheek. "Go. Have fun."

"I'll take good care of her, don't worry," Micaela said. I took her hand and walked over to her car, which was a black Ferrari convertible. "Your carriage awaits you."

"I love your car. It's nice," I commented.

Micaela opened the door for me and closed it when I got in and went over to the driver's seat. "Thank you. I just got it for my birthday," she replied. She turned on the engine and we drove off. The gentle Californian breeze kissed my face and the wind just played with my hair, making me smile.

"So, where exactly are we going on this fine evening?" I asked.

"I know a place, where the grass are really greener," she sang.

"Warm, wet n' wild. There must me something in the water," I chimed.

We just belted out the lyrics to California Gurls, getting weird looks from passerbys. We finally stopped in front a restaurant named El Torero, which means the bullfighter in Spanish.

Micaela opened the door for me and the first thing I saw were a bunch of couples salsa dancing on the dance floor and some guy riding a mechanical bull.

"Table for two, please," Micaela said to the hostess.

"Of course. Right this way," the lady said to us, leading us to an available table. Micaela pulled out for me a sit and sat me down before sitting down herself. "Any appetizers?"

"Caeser's Salad," Micaela and I said at the same time.

I smiled and picked up the menu, figuring out what to do as the hostess walked off. I should have realized I had to eat something, even though I really didn't want to. Micaela's been treating me so well. The last thing I want is for her to think that's I'm some weirdo. "What are you getting, Victoria?" Micaela asked ms, snapping me back to reality.

I looked at her and smiled. "I haven't decided. You?" She put down her menu and twirled a lock of her red hair around her red painted nails, a flirtatious smirk on her lips. "I'm going for something small. Something with beautiful brown eyes, long brown hair, kissable pink lips," she listed.