Chapter 18

(Chapter inspired by "Better Off Dead" by Sleeping With Sirens)

Mike's p.o.v

I sat on the couch watching Harry Potter with Franklin on my lap, gnawing at the strings on my sweatpants. I scratched Franklin's ears and picked him up. "Alysha, hurry up! We're gonna be late!" I yelled.

"I'm almost done! Hang on!" Alysha shouted back to me.

"You said that two hours ago!" I argued. "I knew I should fucked Tony and gone gay when I had the chance. Fuck!"

Alysha walked out and started beating me with her hairbrush while straddling the same space Franklin formally occupied before jumping off and scampering away from us. "Say it again, Michael. I dare you!" She laughed.

"Domestic violence! Franklin, she's raping me! Call police!" I joked.

Alysha scoffed and shoves my hat off my head, getting up. I smirked and smacked her ass. "You better run. Don't want some of this."

"You have nothing, Mike. You just skin and tattoos. Shut up. " she giggled. Her phone rand and buzzed on the counter. I paused the movie and watched Alysha answer the phone. "Hello? Hey, Danielle, what's- hang on, I can't here you. Calm down, tell me what's wrong?"

I got up from the couch and walked up behind Alysha, my head buried on her blonde hair. "What?! Where is she now? No, we haven't seen her. Did you call the others? Don't panic, we're on our way out. We'll be sure to let you know if we see anything. Absolutely. Okay, bye."

"What happened?" I asked.

Alysha hung up and turned around. "Mike, we need to go. Now. Victoria needs us," she said urgently.

I let her go and she grabbed a random pair of converse and rushed out the door. Franklin ran up to me and pawed my leg. "We'll be back, boy. Promise," I assured him, scratching his ears.

I grabbed my keys and followed Alysha, locking the door. I walled over to the driver's side and slipped in, revving the car to life and pulling out of the driveway. "So are you going to tell me what's going on, or do I have to guess?"

Alysha shook her head and looked at looked out the window. "Vic and Victoria got in a fight, and Victoria just walked out. Danielle's been looking for nearly two, almost three hours, and hasn't found her yet. She's really worried."

"Did she call the cops?"

"Yes, and they said they can't do anything until after twenty-four hours. She called the others and they said that they'll go out and look for her," Alysha answered. "Mike, I worried. Victoria hasn't even gotten a chance to familiarize herself with San Diego. She could be anywhere! Where are we going to find her."

"We're going to find her. Don't worry," I said. I said that, but even I wasn't too sure. Alysha was right; San Diego was much more vast for someone who didn't know the ropes. It this town, Victoria could be anywhere. It would take forever to find her in this town. I stopped the car when we car at a stoplight and looked out the window. My phone rang in my pocket and I handed it to Alysha. Didn't want to get busted by the cops.

"Babe, can you answer it?" I asked her.

"Oh my god. It's Victoria!" She yelled. "Victoria, you better have a good explanation as to-"

Alysha stopped and listened to whoever was on the line, her hand covering her mouth and tears brimming her eyes.

"What is it? What happened?" I questioned her. "What did Victoria say?"