Chapter 8

Vic's p.o.v

"Wait, so Cara really did used to beat Victoria when she was a child?" I questioned.

"And had a terrible alcohol problem," Mike added.

I sighed and paced around the stage, angry and upset. "I'm a shitty father," I said.

"Vic-"

"No, Mike! I'm a terrible father! While I'm living up my life in California, my daughter has been neglected and abused for thirteen years of her life, and I didn't do anything to save her from that!"

I stared at him with teaes going down my eyes. "Her steps, her first word, her first day of preschool. I missed out on all of that. And even though we're together, it doesn't change the fact that I wasn't in her life," i said.

I sat down on the stage, mt legs dangling off of the edge. Mike sat next to me and nudged me. "You know, every night when we go out and perform for the fans, I always look over at Victoria and she has his big smile on her face and this proud look," Mike said. "To her, you mean something. You were always in her life, Vic. You just didn't know that."

I smiled a bit and wiped off my tears a bit. Mike and I sat around not even saying for a while.

"Speaking of Victoria, where is she?" Mike asked.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen her all day. I figured she must be spending time with the other bands, but she could have at least told me. "I actually have no idea," I admitted. We got up and walked off the stage.

Jaime and Tony waked over to us, after twenty minutes in the bathroom. "Have you guys seen Victoria?" I asked.

Jaime drank his bottle of water and shook her head. "I actually haven't seen her all day. Tone-Tone?"

Tony shool his head, making me worry even more. "Shit," I cursed under my breath. I ran past them and looked everywhere, yelling out Victoria's name. She had to be here somewhere. Where else could she be?

"Vic!"

I turned around and saw Alex and Rian running over to me. "You got to come outside! It's bad!" Alex said.

"What happened? What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Victoria. She's getting beat up by the fans," Rian explained.

"What?!" I yelled. I ran past them and ran out of the venue. Immediately I heard screaming and ran over to the fans. As I walked past the long line, I saw a group of girls being shoved away by Jack, Kellin and Justin. As I got closer, I nearly broke into tears.

Victoria was lying on the pavement, her face covered in bruises, her nose leaking blood and splattered all over her denim jacket. Her brown hair hair covered her face and I sae a deep cut on top of her head, blood dripping out.

"Mija?" I asked. I slapped her face gently and shook her, but she didn't even move. "Someone call an 911, hurry!"

I saw Nick take out his phone and dial 911 while security were holding onto the girls until thr authority came. I brushed off Victoria's hair and picked her up.

Mike, Jaime, and Tony ran over and saw Victoria. "Oh my god," Jaime whispered.

"Little bitch deserved it. She's probably sucking all their dicks," i heard a boy snicker under his breath.

I handed Victoria to Tony and walked over to the boy who made the comment and punched him. He punched me back and a huge fight broke out. I pinned him to the ground and repeatedly, not even caring that his nose was bleeding.

"Don't you ever, EVER call my daughter a bitch! I will fuck you up!" I yelled.

"Vic! Get off! This isn't going to fix anything!" Mike shouted over the screaming.

He pried me off of the boy, but I tried to go back for more. No one talked shit about my daughter and gets away with it.

"Vic, chill. He's not worth it," Mike said.

I heard the ambulance siren and saw two paramedics came with a stretcher and placed Victoria with her. I shoved Mike off me and walked over. "May I come along with her? She's my daughter," I asked.

The paramedic looked at me and at my daughter and nodded. I looked at Mike and he nodded at me. "Don't worry. We'll catch up later," he assured me.

I nodded and hopped into the ambulance, taking Victoria's small hands and kissing it.

"She's going to be okay, sir," the lady said.

I looked at her and brushed off her hair, fighting back the tears that were threatening to spill out of my face. "I hope so, ma'am. I really hope so," I replied back.