"How do you like it?" the stylist asked.

"I love it, thank you" I said with a smile.

"Thank you Megan" Mom said and paid. By the time we left it was just after 3:00. We headed home so I could finish getting ready. Mom said she would do my makeup, so we went up to the master bathroom and Mom started on my makeup.

Once she was done, I went into my room to get dressed. She helped me zip it and put on my jewelry. The group of us got a limo to take us to dinner and then to prom. We are meeting at the park by the river to take pictures at 4:30. It was just reaching 4:00 now and I slid on my shoes and grabbed my clutch. Mom gave me some money for dinner too.

"You look beautiful, baby" Mom said with a smile.

"Thanks" I said and we made our way to the stairs.

"Jimi, get in here" Mom yelled from the bottom of the stairs. I made my way down, trying not to trip over my dress.

"You look beautiful, princess" he said and smiled.

"Thanks" I said and Mom took some pictures then we left.

We met everyone at the park. Josh approached me as soon as we got out of the car and he had a corsage with him.

"Hey Emma" he said with a smile.

"Hey" I said.

"This is my Dad, you already know my Mom and this is my little brother Elijah" I said.

"Nice to meet you" he said and shook my Dad's hand.

"Nice to meet you too" Dad said with a fake smile. I just laughed to myself.

"I have this for you" Josh said and showed me the corsage that went with my dress.

"It's beautiful. Thank you" I said. He took it out of the box and slid it on my wrist. Then we walked to everyone else.

We took some pictures along the river and in the gazebo. Then we said goodbye to our parents and got in the limo. Maddie plugged her phone in a turned on some music. We laughed and danced in our seats. We all decided on Olive Garden for dinner because it was the only place we all liked.

After dinner, the limo driver took us to the country club where prom was being held. We got out and gave the teachers our tickets. We walked into the main part and there wasn't a lot of people dancing yet. Josh grabbed us some punch and we talked for a little while before people started dancing. A slow song came on and a bunch of couples went out to dance.

"Do you want to dance?" he asked with a smile.

"Sure" I said and he grabbed my hand and lightly pulled me to the dance floor and we started swaying to the beat of the song. I definitely have feelings for Josh. I looked up at him and smiled and he smiled back.

"You know, you look really beautiful tonight" he whispered in my ear. I could feel my cheeks getting read.

"Thank you" I said shyly.

The song finished and an upbeat song came on. Everyone in our group came over by us and we all started dancing. About halfway through the night, I ditched my shoes at our table. There were a few other slow songs that played and Josh and I danced together each time. At midnight, prom was over. No one wanted to stay for post-prom because Adam was having a party at his parents' cabin about twenty minutes from here. I was talking to Gracie to see if we wanted to stay here or have Josh drop us off at my house since she is sleeping over tonight. Then Josh approached us.

"Hey Emma, do you want to go to Adam's party with me?" he asked. I looked at Gracie and she looked a little uneasy about it.

"Umm... I don't know. I don't think it's a good idea" I said.