"W-what--n-nothing" Sherlock stuttered, 'damn sentiment' he thought to himself.

"You keep staring at me when you think I'm not looking" John said with a smile.

"Just you being all like a soldier, the way you walk and stand--normal to be curious isn't it?" Sherlock asked uncertainly, taking in Johns bright blue eyes that were sometimes hazel in the lighting of the flat. Their icy warmth sucking him in making him want to grab John and claim him as his, make him unreachable to anyone else.

"I don't do that" John defended. "This is my normal look"

"Yes Watson. It is" Sherlock smirked again, a gentle blush creeping up his and Johns face at his words, reminding them of the case "the hound of Baskerville" when John had said something similar to Sherlock but now their positions had switched.

"Shut up" John laughed, grabbing Sherlocks sleeve and pulling him towards a park gate that was clearly locked.

"John it's locked" Sherlock informed him.

"You like soldier me, right?" John asked cheekily, his eyes glinting mischievously in the now setting sun, lighting his face in a gentle orange glow.

Sherlock stuttered, "err, I uh-", John just chuckled.

"Now how do you propose we get in Mr Holmes?" John asked him.

"I would pick the lock but my kits at home, I've only got my basic stuff on me at the moment. We could find a way through or climb over." Sherlock suggested still uncertain of Johns plans.

"Clever you, my thoughts precisely" John said rubbing his hands together. He then turned back to the tall gate and pulled himself over with ease, his height not seeming to affect his agility.

Sherlock watched in awe as Johns arm muscles flex, he wasn't wearing a jumper just a shirt which he had rolled up the sleeves of. John jumped the last meter down, his limp completely gone from their first case together.

"Right, your turn" John said through the fence. Sherlock nodded and then being extremely agile made his way up to the top of the fence, a few meters high up off the floor.

Sherlocks stomach clenched, his chest tightened as he looked down at the space between his dangling legs and the solid ground beneath, "I can't do it john" Sherlock gasped, too many memories of the fall had actually given him a fear of heights.

"It's alright sherl" John called up to him, "jump and I promise you, I will catch you" John assured him, "close your eyes and on the count of three deal?"

Sherlock nodded, his eyes tight shut, and John started to count.

"One"

"Tw--" Sherlock jumped unexpectedly and his eyes held tight shut he couldn't see but he could feel that moment that felt like flying but he knew he had no control over gravity.

He landed in someone's arms though, and noticing that it was his blogger holding him he held onto John tightly, his long fingers clasping around Johns muscled arms and one hand laying on Johns chest. His breathing calmed and John continued to hold him off the ground, one arm around the back of Sherlocks shoulders and another under the back of his knees.

"It's alright sherl, I've got you" John whispered, placing a gentle kiss on the detectives forehead because he couldn't use his arms to comfort him. Sherlock froze but then melted into Johns arms, letting John hold him and feeling safe in Johns company. He felt--home.

"You feeling better? How are you?" John asked gently, standing the detective next to him and stroking Sherlocks hair out of his eyes.

"Feels like home" Sherlock whispered more to himself than John. "Thankyou John" he said, raising his voice this time, trembling slightly.